News: Character Creations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:51 am

OK Got them now. Will do them tomorrow.[:D]

Jacen
Whelp

Postby Jacen » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:43 am

OOOOOO, at the end!
@ Tptpt and everybody are doing (or trying) new characters.
When you do the Blade_Skeleton, do you use some object of Templario's model? Edges and Archors include. Also Elbow, knee, wrist, ass and shoulder. Because, the problem is the scales of the objects. If you can see each object has a different scale. Several 100% (good) but anothers has different. So when Blade put the object in game, get the scale of each object. If there are different, you have seen yet. [:)] Also when in max you link object (the Chest to Center,...) change the scale of the "son" object to the scale of the the "father".
There are two ways to get Ok.
1 Export to 3ds format and open in hexadecimal editor, know when is the scale variable and change all that wasnt correct. Hard, hard.
2 Take the minoutar (the Blade_Skeleton) without link and withou any objects from another file and create the objects that you need in the scale correct. So, at the end you will have all the objects in 100% (+ or -). Maybe the Edges and Archors can be the same of another file, because dosent matter his scale to the game and dont pass his scale to another object (all of them are "son", never are "father")

I will send you the Character when I finish put the edges and Archors.

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:32 pm

Hello Jacen !
Good work ! i will test it .

For all i just finish my weeb site "Blade Tptpt" http://perso.wanadoo.fr/tptptmods/Bladetptpt.htmyou can visit now.

Tptpt

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:23 pm

yeah nice web tptpt! [;)]

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:30 pm

Jacen,
I have test with good scale but always parts mixed [V]
I think one of my bad way is the order i link the skeleton parts do you know the right order i must link the parts,anchors,edges ?[?]
I have try to find the scale % in 3ds file but no result , i have used UltraEdit whitch editor do you use ?

Tptpt

Jacen
Whelp

Postby Jacen » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:27 am

Yes, I use Ultraedit but dont try this way because its dificult.
The hierachy (?) (jerarquia in spanish) is very important for the animations, but I think that to see in blade the model mixed dosent matter. You must begin linking Chest to Center. Next Head to Chest. Next R_Shoulder to Chest. Next L_Shoulder to Chest. Go on with R_Ass to Center. And L_Ass to Center. The order of other parts dosent matter, they will be correct in the hierarchy (included edges and archors).
My mino begin to work Ok but there are three things that should be changed.
1 Its toooo little, and character dosent be scaled up (I will see as will be solucionated)
2 Some archors are in correct place, so for example the legs have a incorrect angle and do a strange walk [:)]
3 There are two edges that when I included in model, crash in the export to BOD. I dont know why.

I will send later the Mino.

Jacen

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:02 pm

Hello Jacen
In my test i have bad walk ( with templario )if i used the same way ( just exchange the order <font color="red">L</font id="red">_Shoulder to Chest. Next <font color="red">R</font id="red">_Shoulder to Chest .<font color="blue">L</font id="blue">_Ass to Center. And <font color="blue">R</font id="blue">_Ass to Center ) So your way is the good .
Do you have a solution to see if a part scale is 100% .
because in a model i try to build i already have the mixed part but if i enter in model with free camera in blade i find my model very litle size look picture :

Tptpt

NightHawk
Hatchling

Postby NightHawk » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:40 pm

Hi Tptpt,

Good website m8. but can I suggest that you change the colour of your text as BLUE on BLACK doesn't stand out to well. [8D][:D]

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:05 pm

Hello NightHawk , you all right i will change it ,maybe in yellow !

Jacen ! i have found one way to rescale the parts :
1 )unlink part
2 )make copy of the part
3 )group only the original part
4 )open group and select original part and look propridades and look dimensions .
5 )apply on the original part Xformar modificator ( subjecto light on ) used rescale tool to adjust the size and look in propridades .
6 )when in propidade the dimention are ok , select the group and use rescale tool and move to ajust the size group on you copy part ( if you look in original part propidades the dimensions don't change ).
7 ) suppress copy part and ungroup original part , now you can add it in your skeleton .

Tptpt

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:09 pm

I am very happy with this pictures and informations, now Bod go to be a new blade, (blade expansion [:D]) and prospero has a lot of my new skins. Prospero wazzup with the skins [:)] [:P]?

Jacen
Whelp

Postby Jacen » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:22 pm

I am near of "finish" the problems with the minotauro. The last problem with the scale I have solved when I use milimetres as units in max, so when open the file that is made in inches (pulgadas) I choose that use my units. Then the model is bigger but I can scale down in game.

Now I have to solve the problems with archors. [:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:57 am

Sorry Daxon, I have been busy last few days and forgot to upload your skins.[:I] I'll do it tommorrow.[:)]

Jacen/TPTPT

Keep up the good work. I am making another 'SuperZoe' demo map. I have now got her doing 2H sword moves and improved her 1H combat. She
also uses Dwarf 1H attacks when using blunt 1H weapons. I just need to
give her a few more combos and she will be ready to rock'n'roll[:p].
If you ever get any of the NWN chicks working it could be very handy.

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:10 pm

Okey don´t worry guy! I know that are a human than I [:)]

Nice job all!

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:45 pm

Hello Pro for the moment no NWN Character work ok but Jacen and me work for run .

you can download on my weeb site "Blade Tptpt" http://perso.wanadoo.fr/tptptmods/Bladetptpt.htm some of my new character and lot of new objects you can us it free .
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Tptpt

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:05 am

I grabbed some of your objects but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I have just the place to put a tent.[:)] Also a pool that needs stocking with fish.[:p]

(I need some palm trees.[;)])

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”