News: Character Creations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:18 pm

Great. I will do that.[:)]

You haven't got a camel I don't suppose? [:D]

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:34 am

i'll look in NVN Bank of object , there a lot of things and animals like gazelle , sphinx , pig , cow , chiken ,etc ...

tptpt .

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:33 pm

HE HE ! Pro Look that :

ImageImageImage

i need to work on Camel eyes but you can download it at :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/tptptmods/pageO ... NIMALS.htm

Coming next a hyena and dromedary.

Tptpt

IronLord
Whelp

Postby IronLord » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:52 am

What are you guys doing here? Stuff for a Zoo map ? [:D]
Anyway, great work!

Concerning the foggy shore/boat screens:
skilled -> more skilled -> even more skilled -> prospero

And, hey tptpt: Your model "AMZCAP" could be used for some kind of which character (spelled correctly? -those magic women)

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:51 am

Hello IronLord
the AMZCAP is made for amazon , but maybe have some bad orientations of some weapon use , so for all want to used the news character easy ,take this way .

1) in 3dchars folder add the file AMZCAP.bod and Mz.mmp

2) add in the file BodLink.list the code :
..\..\3dchars\AMZCAP.bod
AMZCAP

3) in you pj.py map file write your player type like this :
char=Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1","Amazon_N", 130, -1120, 123, "Person")
char.SetMesh("AMZCAP")
inv=char.GetInventory()

in this exemple the player have the proprieties of Amazon but with the AMZCAP skin

4 ) in your ____.LVL map file write the code :
Bitmaps -> ..\..\3dchars\\Mz.mmp

You can try with the others ; barbarian ,knigth ,darkknight ,ork,...

Tptpt

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:12 pm

yeah! nice pictures, we need giant octopus (the same of the middle earth) [;)][;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:26 pm

Great stuff.[:D] I am about to try out.

btw. is there a skin for the palm trees? Are you going to make the leaves two-sided?

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:12 pm

My last Object ( NWN ) Add :
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

and more !!![^]

Pro i'll look for palmtree leaves this week end ![8D]

[:p]For the animal objects it should be very great if we could make animed animal , like tiger attack , shark or crocodile in water .
or just cow eating plants .[;)]

Tptpt

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:50 pm

It would be good if they just had a 'rlx' anim for a start. Then they could be used as 'Actors' like prisoners and crows. Making them fully functional enmies would be hard. There is a challenge for you.[:0][;)]

Later....

I have just tried the 'Nympho Nun' model. [:0] Looks great. Just needs her anchors adjusting.[:p][:0]

btw. Where is the Camel skin? [8)]

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:47 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tptpt</i>

My last Object ( NWN ) Add :
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

and more !!![^]

Pro i'll look for palmtree leaves this week end ![8D]

[:p]For the animal objects it should be very great if we could make animed animal , like tiger attack , shark or crocodile in water .
or just cow eating plants .[;)]

Tptpt

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Nice zoo you have there[:p]. This is becoming better by the minute, please go on with the good work, you and the uncle pro are the real rescuers of the BOD comunity[:)]
------------------------------------------

Small question [:)] as the game some polygon limitor? If so what is the maximum polygon count per caracter/object, and the maximum per scene?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:09 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Small question as the game some polygon limitor? If so what is the maximum polygon count per caracter/object, and the maximum per scene?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Good question.[:)]

The fewer the polys on a model the better for performance. I have seen great (free) models for d/l with an enormous amount of polys but they are no use in BOD as they will either cause big slowdowns or at worst crash the game when they come into view. The RAS models are quite cleverly made as they look complex but they actually very simple. If you look closely at weapon models, the parts the appear round (handles/spear shafts) are really hexagonal or even square. the trick is to not put in loads of detail that won't be noticed on screen.

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:04 pm

Pro , i have modified the Camel texture but not realy good maybe i can send you the max file if you want arrange it correctly .
So i have add a bag on camel and create Dromadaire with and without bag .

Now i work on the palmtree .
After i will test to create an animal actor maybe need your help .

You work on Nympho model ,please say me if you have good progess because Jacen and me have work on some NWN models but always have problem with size ( very big when the model is finalise with all anchors and edges ).i have stop a moment to work on .

Tptpt

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:38 am

Palmtree are now ok Pro [;)] just go to Varios object bank :
Palm
Palmtreetp
Palmtreetpcoconut
Palmtree
Palmtreecoconut
are 2 side visible now !

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:44 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Small question as the game some polygon limitor? If so what is the maximum polygon count per caracter/object, and the maximum per scene?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Good question.[:)]

The fewer the polys on a model the better for performance. I have seen great (free) models for d/l with an enormous amount of polys but they are no use in BOD as they will either cause big slowdowns or at worst crash the game when they come into view. The RAS models are quite cleverly made as they look complex but they actually very simple. If you look closely at weapon models, the parts the appear round (handles/spear shafts) are really hexagonal or even square. the trick is to not put in loads of detail that won't be noticed on screen.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks for the reply, but that don´t realy answer my question[:p]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:49 pm

Well, there is a feature in the LED that counts the polys in veiw. At
about 500 it runs smoothly. It starts to lag as you get up to 2000, but this is without objects/chars in the scene. Also when you have cast shadows on the architecture the polycount increases as all the shadows are drawn dynamically as seperate polys.

The upper limit would depend on the individual PC power but it the game crashes you know you are past it.[B)]

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”