Destruction test mod (custom Barb)

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Thanks again![:)]

...but the resume was not working before i remove the:

Code: Select all

Bladex.KillMusic()
So now i've got:

def ResumeMusic3(): global Currentmusic if Currentmusic!="Tarantia": Bladex.ExeMusicEvent(Bladex.GetMusicEvent(Currentmusic))
Did i'm right to think that you cannot ask to resume a music if you kill it before?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:53 pm

The KillMusic() func just stops whatever music is playing. You can start it up again any time you like. The Currentmusic variable just saves the name of whatever music was playing before you killed it.

The music handling in the main game is quite involved and I have never totally figured it out.[8)] Sometimes there is 'outside' and 'inside' music. Check out Tel Halaf. When you go inside the music changes and if you come outside again it changes back. This is done with trigger sectors, but you must make sure all the exits and entrances are covered.

There is a built-in method in BOD where you can assign 'combat' music to an individual enemy or whole race of enemies. When the enemy goes into combat mode, his music will start and when he dies or if you run away out of sight it cuts out. But afterwards you have to walk into a trgger sector to start the music again.

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Sorry[B)] it's my mistake!

I try to resume a music on a 'EnterSecEvent' to see if the resume work but with the 'Kill' function, the music was stop. The code was working but is useless since the music is already playing.

To be able to resume a 'combat' music, you need the 'Kill' function.[:I]

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Is it possible that you can't resume a .mp3 file??

I know that Blade create an error when you put a .mp3 file in a 'combat' music:

Adding MP3 for dinamic music for Rgn2 AddCombatMusic->ERROR, trying to pre open a MP3 file
In fact this error is not so important since it's work in combat but in a resume func...

brian
Dragon

Postby brian » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:26 am

Just been playing your mod Yvan98. Excellent stuff[8D]. I'm a Knight player usually, so I enjoyed the barbarian for a change. Some cool combos, really easy to execute and the game difficulty seems just right (for me anyway).

Anyone still looking for something new to play, I recommend this. Sure, its the same map, but the path and enemies are different, so it really felt new.
Thanks for this.[:)]

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 pm

I appreciate your comments brian[8D]

Soon i will put the 1.2 version with music and i have been able to add another combo...Roundhouse Kick!!

2 others questions...[:I]

I've got some problem when loading a savegame, the name of all weapon are lost with the properties, like the 'venom'. I also lost all the 'ComboFX'.

For the first problem, i put a copy of all reference into 'ActorsInit.py' but it's not work.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Yvan.

Yes this can happen. I got around it by using a file: obj_def.py. (check out DwarfWars)

In this file there is a function: InitNewStuff()

You can list all your new object names and altered stats in this function.

Then in cfg.py....

import obj_def
obj_def.InitNewStuff()

Also put his code in ActorsInit.py for the savegame.[:)]

*remember to add this file to BLModInfo.py [;)]

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Not working[B)]

The file obj_def.py is present and execute from cfg.py and ActorsInit.py. I keep all reference into ActorsInit.py, so that mean i've got 3 times those reference including DefFuncs.py but...

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:28 pm

I have been able to fix the ComboFX...[:p]

In DefFuncs.py, i put at the end:

def ResetComboFX(): global Live Live=1 if Live==1: import Barbarian_AComboFX Barbarian_AComboFX.BarbACombosFX("Player1") print "TRYING TO INITIALISE CONAN_FX for savegame" else: pass Bladex.AddScheduledFunc(Bladex.GetTime()+0.0, ResetComboFX,())

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:44 pm

Héhé[:D]

Using the same code, i have been able to make the 'Reference' work:

In DefFuncs.py, i put at the end:

def ResetReference(): global Live Live=1 if Live==1: import obj_def obj_def.InitNewStuff() print "TRYING TO INITIALISE REFERENCE for savegame" else: pass Bladex.AddScheduledFunc(Bladex.GetTime()+0.0, ResetReference,())

Using this code, you can remove

import obj_def obj_def.InitNewStuff()
from cfg.py and ActorsInit.py...

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:10 pm

Version 1.2 release

What's new:

- Intro
- Music (Conan theme)
- Add a left kick (attack left without weapon)
- Add a 'Roundhouse Kick' (check in 'combo screen' "abilities")
- More combos screens (2 specials)
- Fix ComboFX and Reference after loading a Savegame
- ...and try my best to fix some little 'bug'.

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=TJ5YPAOG

I hope you will enjoy it![:)]

btw. This mod is the best example of a guy who start from zero...thanks to anyone who help me to learn coding this great game and a special thanks to PROSPERO!!

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Excelent job! is great how you made new weapons for barb, really original and wonderful effects! i have enjoyed with your work,but...how you could modify the original map from kashgar? I though that it wasn´t possible! your map show that we could modify each campaing map and make and actualized blade with weapons shops, or im wrong [:I]?

Hey! include me on the credits [|)]!

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:06 pm

Hey Yvan.[:D] I just finished the new version. Very nice.[8D] The music is very effective.

I got the hang of the new combos now. New Barb can really do some serious damage.[:p]

btw. I was telling you lies about obj_def file.[:I] It's mainly for new objects. If you redefine existing ones in this file they may or may not get overwritten by later imports of Reference.py.

btw2. Daxon. Never tried ProsperoArena5? You can run about on the steppes of Kara Kum.[;)]

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:55 am

I'm really sorry Daxon[:I]

I forgot that i take some of your work for the weapon texture...

SPECIAL THANKS TO DAXON! [;)]

Daxon

To be able to modify an original map or any map that can exist...you only need the .mp file. For the original map, you can check in the 'map' directory, some of then still there.

I also take the ROUNDHOUSE KICK from the 'MartialTP' and i want to thanks tptpt...

SPECIAL THANKS TO TPTPT!

I'm working with a second map [:p]
I want Conan to be able to beat the Darklord![:D]

I want to introduced the map Chaos after this one...but i need to know if a code exist to import the inventory and level (in the file pj.py).

I have been able to make work the second level but...

btw. I forgot to tell that i have increase the inventory from 4 to 5.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:45 am

Yvan. You mean continue on to a new map with Player Level and Inventory intact? It can be done. I put this facility in the Wizard map, but I had to modify the code quite radically to account for all the extra magic stuff.

You should be able to use this function:

import os def EndOfPart1(): # check whether next map is installed... if not os.path.exists ("../../Maps/NameOfNextMap/Cfg.py"): Bladex.LoadLevel("Casa") print "Loading Casa map" return import GotoMapVars GotoMapVars.EndOfLevel("NameOfNextMap")
I think it <i>should</i> work OK. You must make sure any new objects that the Player may transfer from the old map are preloaded into the new map.

And you must not have the code in cfg.py to clear all the Player info...

Bladex.DeleteStringValue("MainChar")...and so forth.[;)]

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”