i offer my service : 3D models and animations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Harrison
Dragon

Re: i offer my service : 3D models and animations

Postby Harrison » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:42 pm

Just notice that u forget to talk about the elbows and the wrists in your hierarchy :P
Sorry, but I've wrote all what I know. This is not "my" hierarchy. I'm not BOD developer only fan of this epic game.
Its a bit annoying, it looks like that in BOD, theres 2 kind of bones : the regular ones like (chest,upper arms ..) and that kind of mutilation ones (wrists, knees, shoulders?) .
The kind of mutilations is provided by another method in BOD, not by "skeleton" system.
It looks like its a problem for Animeeple which ask for, at least, a torso - neck - head :/ .
Ok, if you have such difficulties to make BOD animations in Animeeple do it as is convenient to you. For example by your "Amazon" system (like in amz_test.mp4). Now I have some progress to adapt the "non-25-bones" animations to "25-bones" BOD system.
One request - if you're going to make a new character model, makes it not by more than 1.000 or 1.500 polygons. Otherwise BOD engine can be crushed.
And one more request. If possible, do one or two (maybe three) textures for the model. This is not critical, but so much more convenient to work with it. Especially if it's need to make wounds textures.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi Harrison,

i was waiting your answer but just discover now that theres a second page :/
I answer tomorrow

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Do you mean, 2 or 3 skins for the same character ? Yes, i can do that, but i prefer to wait you can proprely do something with my models before going further. I can can do lots of characters.

I'm working on my side on animation, but i understood you need to work with a less poly model.

Try this one.

http://dfiles.eu/files/i22clgqoz

Kind regards

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:39 am

Harrison ?

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:39 am

Hi BODnewbie2,

Sorry for delay, I have no free time now.
Your model has "Editable Poly" modifier and it shortens the number of polygons but it's not good idea because 3DSMAX2.5 don't supports this option. If I cancel "Editable Poly" the number of polygon increases approximately to twice as high (to more than 4000 polygons). I've tried your model without "Editable Poly" modifier, but BOD-engine was crushed. As I say the BOD models are need not more then 1000 or 1200 polygons and only "Editable Mesh" modifier.
Also note. Can you make the model in "Rlx" initial position (as well as the "Amazon_N") but not in "cross" position? It's not critical as since I can rotate the skeletal system to necessary position but at that I some rumples the mesh.
And one more thing. Can you make the model with "clenched fists" hands? The character must keep the weapon in his hands, but this is difficult to do by "open palm".

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:01 am

hello,

Ive some difficulties to understand what we talking about : "Editable poly" :(
So i just check the "LP" option in Quidam and remove all the stuff (hair, clothes, teeth..) and the colors (textures?) .
Configure the character in a position similar to the default BOD (arms and hands)
And export in 3 formats (qdm, dae,obj) and printscreen the default options. So you can maybe tell me later the option to checku-up

http://dfiles.eu/files/pajj9d9ll

I repost the qdm importer for 3dsmax (which could be the most clean solution to work with)

http://dfiles.eu/files/m928v4b90

cya

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Your model has 3278 polygons, It is unacceptable for BOD engine. It is need to simplify the head (face and ears) and fingers because they contain the greatest number of small polygons.
Sorry but your screens are not talking about anything.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 am

Hi Harrison, sorry for the delay but i start to learn blender to reduce polys

so here is 1208 model. Its a a kinda of doll with no hair , no tongue, theeth. I will do something for the hands and ears next time. :)

http://dfiles.eu/files/oq2hppyw0

i just have to boned it better and know how i can force blender to reduce polys in a symetrical way (to have a symetric model).

can u import it now in the game ? what do u use to convert .dae to .3ds ? Is your animation-converter plugin is on his way ?

kind regards

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Ok BODnewbie2,
I've exported your model to BOD as a simple object yet:

And now I make the skeletal BOD system on your model.
what do u use to convert .dae to .3ds ?
I use COLLADAMax plugin version 1.0.0.135 for Import/Export to Max 9
Is your animation-converter plugin is on his way ?
Yes, I continue to work.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:52 am

yeaah, you are great Harrison :D

But for the future, as you have to input the skeletal BOd system , would you prefer to have a simple .obj with no bones , rather than a .dae ?

I can make a collection of BOD characters based on famous video games : tomb raider , dead or alive , street fighter ... a bit transformed to suits it well in the game medieval theme.
I have a set of fighting animations which could be inputed in the game to add a "beat'em up" dimension to this game. They are in .bvh but i can convert them in .dae

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:32 pm

hello,

if i rather give u a .dae model with the correct number of bones, will this help you ?
If so, i need the BOD skeleton (one of the 4 characters) in .bvh format .

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:39 am

Hi Harrison,

I manage to extract the bone from the AMZ (the one you gave me in .dae ) and export it in .BVH to quidam . It works :)
But, as you can see in the picture, the head is like invisible (same for the feet)

and the result of the .bvh import in quidam ( yes, i didnt really rigg it proprely, i did it quick

As you can see, theres no head bone, nor feet . What can we do ? Rebuild the skeleton in blender ?

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi BODnewbie2,
I'm testing your model: http://youtu.be/dZpGm3nuFdQ
I also will try to make a special layout polygons to model is cut into pieces.
Can you make a wounds texture?
What can we do ?
As I mentioned earlier, you can do as you're comfortable. It is quite only a mesh in "rlx" position to me.
I use COLLADAMax plugin version 1.0.0.135 for Import/Export to Max 9.
Is your animation-converter plugin is on his way ?
Yes, I continue to work.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Wow, i'm surprised =D Nice work !

__ the model ____

So you use my lastest .dae . But if i understand well, you dont care if my model contains bones (?)
If so, for you , a simple .obj with no bones will be okey , or do you still prefer .dae for some reasons ?

A wound texture is just the skin with some bruises, bloody scars ? ok, i can do that.
(I will you give also the same model but with better modeling as it was not perfect symetrical and the number of polys can be more reduce on the hands and the ears rather than everywhere else.)

__ the animations ___

I finally see that the missing bones were there, but extremely tiny . So i grow them up in blender. Once done, i merge some animations found on Internet with my new .bvh skeleton containing the right number of bones . And it works =P .

I give you here a test animation (quick done) in .bvh .dae and .3ds (just conversion via blender)

http://dfiles.eu/rmv/9269181547346759

Can you use it easily ?

Kind regards

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi BODnewbie2,
But if i understand well, you dont care if my model contains bones (?)
Yes, but if you have made a ".dae-model" with 25-bones it will be a best solution.

I've tried to download your files but got a message about that files are was deleted. :(

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”