i offer my service : 3D models and animations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Re: i offer my service : 3D models and animations

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:10 am

ouch ..

http://dfiles.eu/files/d6bo8c2m3

I hope this can be usefull . Do you need the skeleton without the animation ?

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:39 am

hello,

it works ?

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi BODnewbie2,

Sorry for delay. Now I have a lot of work again.
Yes it works. And yes, give me a skeleton system of your model in "rlx" position (if it possible).

Thanks.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Hello,

Good to see you.

http://dfiles.eu/files/zblodiucs

i dont know if the bvh is an animation or just a position. The dae seems an idle animation.
I'm looking forward to learn how apply an perfect symetrical position of the skeleton in blender.. so i should give you an update of this later if needed.
Dont make anything definitive, my skeleton, animations and model are just for testing if it works :)

For general purpose and in order to share to the Bod gamers and the new comers, we should give our assets (animations in .dae./ .bvh with right number of bones) and create a tutorial to show them how to deal easily with a common 3d soft (i.e blender) ; 3d animation (animeeple) and all the necessary to convert to BOD (3ds max 2.5 and plugins) .

Would it be easy to create a blender BOD export plugin instead of using 3ds 2.5 ? Is Max 9 required to make the job ? I have no idea how you succeed to import my model in the game. Is there a tutorial ? I have 3dsmax2.5 . I found this

http://tptpt.bigtruck-canada.ca/TutorNe ... wChar.html

but i dont know how one get these "severance" import windows :/

Can you explain the guide line of what we are going to do ?

My dream is to create a website/forum where people can share their assets . For exemple, i'm ready to import the world of MK in BOD with the models i found on deviantart (xnlara models). I want this because i think that theres no games equivalent and game engines like Unity are just slow.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:09 am

hello,

is it on it's way ? I adapted some animations for the BOD system bone. Can you give me some news ? :(

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:48 pm

can you just let me know if you attend to stop working on this or not ? This way i know if i have to daily check or not .

cheers

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:45 am

Hi, BODnewbie2
Sorry for the silence, I was very busy all this time.

So, I've tested your animation "Woman_walk":

http://youtu.be/teGh3-2mLUs

It does not look very well (left hand motion especially), and I do not understand completely the reasons of this.
Maybe from the fact that the skeleton, which you gave me in the .dae-format bit more the skeletons of Amazon and Woman:

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:20 pm

omg, that was long xD . Fortunately, i came here just 1 more time to check.

I have to go back in the stuff to remember what i did before. But im right, i should make a set of .dae animations based
on the right armature (correct bones names and number of bones).

I give you new the week end

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:33 pm

yes, i did a bad job in blender. I just learned it a bit, but cannot figure out yet how to apply symmetry.

Probably I should start working just with the .dae animations.

For making models, probably the easiest way will be to create a generic-naked-blender-character with the perfect skeleton, perfectely rigged and the right number of polygons. Then blender artists will just have to distort the mesh, , resize bones, recreate some textures and add some clothes before joining all meshes. What do you think ? This way, lot of people can make models and the few who have 3dsmax 2.5 can make the convert.

Same for animations

Just let ensure after that one can export from blender the new character to 3ds max 2.5. And 3dsmax , convert it to .bod format.

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:11 am

..What do you think ?
I think that the using Blender for BOD modelling and animations will be good idea. Blender is a free and open source 3D-editor and game engine
with Python-script system. But I think this is not good idea to convert models and animations from Blender to 3DSMAX.

When you transfer the animation from Blender to 3DSMAX via Collada-plugin (.dae-format) skeleton character loses the specific angles of rotation in their nodes. Because of this, the animation can not be directly transferred to the BOD-skeleton. Now to send animation from *.dae-skeleton to *.BOD-skeleton I use very cumbersome and complex many-step method. 3D-artists and animators will not to use it.

Therefore only new Blender plugins or scripts to export-import *.BOD, *.BMV and *.cam-files can help to us.

But there are some difficulties. I dont know Blender very well and its Python-scripts system. It will take more time to study. Besides I don't know whether this program has all the data that used in the BOD-files, such as "polygon smoothing groups" for example?

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi Harrison,

I searched but i lost this walking .dae animation. Can you give it to me back ?

Thx!

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi, BODnewbie2
Here your animation files:
https://yadi.sk/d/BgLIl1FOithCi
(You can change the language to English by clicking the flag in bottom of page)

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi Harrison,

Thx, now i'm avaible to work on it again.

As I said, i prefer to start to work with animations (after, i focus on the models)

Can I have the amazon of your last video in .dae format ?
Static or animated (the skeleton with some textures to better see the position of hands and other parts)

If i can import this model, we win the challenge as i can adapt easily many new animations and get ride of strange movements.

See you soon

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:13 pm

I think,

The 2 possible reasons why the animation looks weird :

- the skeleton is not well rigged to the meshes (1)
- the animations i have dont have parts like elbows and knees (2)

If you give me your Amazon (the one you work with in 3DS) perfectly and symetrically rigged (1) in dae and I can import it in Animeeple,
then i can easily adapt every animation to counter the strange movements (2) and give you back a set of new animations
(punchs, kicks, ryu-flying-helicopter-kicks.. etc etc)

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:27 pm

For example,

A simple walking animation (Untitled) and the same animation but with a extra animation
on arms (Untitled2)

http://depositfiles.com/files/0wzjha7es

I will work the same way to adapt animations

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”