Fugitive 2: a little help please !

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

brian
Dragon

Postby brian » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:50 am

Only been playing it for half hour or so (before dinner) but it seems to work fine prospero.

While I uninstalled and deleted the older 1.2 version first, I just realized that I had not removed Fugskins folder. Everything worked, so I guess it didn't matter. I couldn't see any reference to Fugskins in your 1.3 version.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:34 am

Cheers Guys.[8D]

qtulu
Hatchling

Postby qtulu » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Hello there! First I'd like to thank prospero and everybody else from the BoD community for making these wonderful mods. I've recently installed BoD again and started to play some of the mods. I've finished Fugitive I (loved it) but now I'm having a couple of problems with Fugitive II.
The first isn't that bad and it has to do with the textures (FugSkins I'd say). I've put the FugSkins in the separate folder, installed it as a mod. It partially works. Mainly, the Journal icon, Journal background and the conversation menu come out ok, but some enemies have wrong textures (they change and flicker according to camera angle and lighting), namely the boss guy with 50000HP (just before you have to talk to Glofror).

This takes me to the bug. I defeated the boss and the demon afterwards and I get a message like "come over here" from Glofror. I don't see him anywhere. After a long search I figured out he's behind a wooden door on the left side of the big hall because I managed to hurt him with the fire sword. I'm thinking the door should open in an event after the battle but nothing happens.
I've tried replaying Fugitive 2 and I've beaten the boss 4-5 times, always the same results.

I've tried the GlofrorOut2() in the console, it says "talk finished" or something like that in the console but nothing happens ingame.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:12 am

Hi and Welcome qtulu.[8D]

Thanks for the kind words.

You are right, there was a bug at that point. My fault. I was fixing a diffrernt bug and accidentaly caused the another one. Anyhow, I thought I had cured it. Did you d/l the mod from my site? If not you may have inadvertently got an unfixed version. The link to the mod on my site is:

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... tiveII.zip

If you d/l it again and overwrite the version you have in the BODLoader, then uninstall/install the mod from the Setup option, it should work OK. The previous saves may be compatable, but I don't know for sure.

I'll give it a play though later if I get a chance, just to check. I haven't actually played myself for a while. The flashing textures thing could be an issue with memory resources. I have had this happen with other mods.[B)]

qtulu
Hatchling

Postby qtulu » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:53 pm

Thanks for your quick reply prospero :).

I think I am playing the version from your site, but am not sure. I tried downloading it again and doing as you said with no result, it's the same. I'll try playing it from the beginning and see what happens. Although the maps are pretty damn big :), it'll take me a while to get to this point again.

I've noticed there are a couple of versions on FugSkins on the net too, I guess the one with directories F3skins and F4skins in the archive is the newer and updated one (which I am using). I wonder if I need to install (or uninstall for that matter) something else to get the skins working properly or might this be something more system based (memory resources as you've said)?

qtulu
Hatchling

Postby qtulu » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Sorry for the doublepost.

Well, I started from the beginning of Fugitive II and found out that I've been doing some things that weren't planned, like jumping over the cave bridge with the crumbling rocks and I previously haven't even seen half of the dungeons in the shrine area with the glowing orb and the stone golem guardian. Also, I didn't realize that some events trigger or finish by talking to NPCs AGAIN with the T button.
Anyway, I pretty much searched everything around, beat the boss guy and the bug remains :/. I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong, not finishing some event. The Journal stays at the "something dangerous is coming..." message just before the stone golem fight. I wonder if that event should somehow end so I get a new journal entry and maybe fix the bug?

gorilla325
Whelp

Postby gorilla325 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:08 am

i have question...i got Bloader and installed the gladiator mod. no problem. i tried talk mod, ally mod, and sword&more mod. no problem. but now i want to download fugitive mods. so i went to the link provided few thread up there.

after unzipped those files, i have no clue what i need to do now... i tried to copy and paste the unzipped files into mod folders in the Bloader file manually. but when i started the game, those mods did not appear not in the installed mods option. then i went to setup in the menu, those fugitive mods did not appear in there either... i went to download, thinking i might be able to download from there. fugitive1,2 and skin were there, but when i press install, nothing happened... there's no fugitive 3 there... mine is english version... does that matters?

qtulu
Hatchling

Postby qtulu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:00 pm

@gorilla325, I think the download option in the mod loader is broken (those servers don't hold the mods anymore). You can find the Fugitive mods on prospero's homepage: http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... stuff.html and other mods on the ModDB page of BoD.
As for installing, just like any other mod, you have the BODLoader/mods/ folder, inside of it you should have for example a folder named FugitiveI (just unpack it with the same folder structure as in the archive). Then start BoD, MODS and install the new mods. You will need FugSkins for Fugitive II and III.

gorilla325
Whelp

Postby gorilla325 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:30 pm

thanks a lot, gtulu! i succeeded in installing the mods! but now i got a new question... the function of use, select, sheath weapon, and combo were not working... is it normal? and the enemy did not seem to...respond normally...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:37 pm

Sorry for ignoring all you guys, been a bit busy last few days.[:p]

One thing you can do when unzipping mods is to inadvertantly create and extra folder. FII is a bit weird as I have a subfolder also called 'FugitiveII' Same with FIII. (don't ask)

So you should have BODLoader/Mods/FugitiveII/FugitiveII/....files and other subfolders.

if you have...

BODLoader/Mods/FugitiveII/FugitiveII/FugitiveII....files and other subfolders.

You have one to many folders.

gorilla325
Whelp

Postby gorilla325 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:22 pm

hehe, that was my problem. :p but i found out and did the right thing. :D

gorilla325
Whelp

Postby gorilla325 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 pm

a little help please...i can't do anything in these mods besides doing the most basic attacks... is this normal?

and plus, i cant' even select and use anything in the mod either... which meant that i can't open door, can't pick up weapons...

i need help...

ftb
Hatchling

Re:

Postby ftb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 pm

For all who will to play it later .
I'm thinking the door should open in an event after the battle but nothing happens.
It's work for me.
Attachments
SNAG-24720.jpg
(316.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Dartwraith
Hatchling

Re: Fugitive 2: a little help please !

Postby Dartwraith » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi, Prospero!

Ve name is Sergey. I am from Russia.
The BoD is one of my favorite games.
I d like your mappacks fugitive.
But i have some problems with fugitive 2.
At the end of scene with black guard after death of cold demon
the door from which enter a Glofror is still closed.

No any measures take effect.
I try to "GlofrorOut2()"
I try to add like this - https://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewto ... =30#p33556

The BoD engine itself have not a command - noclip (ghost, throughwall and so on).
But the we have "Change Mov". This is not a command of engine, but a scritp, which has an opportunity the ghost mode to the camera (not a player).
But i cannot find descrition of this script in game files.

All of the BoD cheats not command but the scrits.

What more will we do?

P.S. Sorry my stupid.

The post before is quite right.

But you need to add 2 strings:

door21.OpenDoor()
door22.OpenDoor()

3 way to obtain this
1. Save before meeting black guard in Hall- turn off game - go to your maps directory - Fugitive2 folder - open DefFuncs.py file - edit like post before but 2 strings - start game - load your save - enjoy

2. Save before meeting black guard in Hall - Esc - open mods folder in menu - setup - choose Fugitive2 - uninstall - close game - go to your BODloader/Mods/Fugitive2 directory - open DefFuncs.py file - edit like post before but 2 strings - start game - open mods folder in menu - setup - choose Fugitive2 - install - cum back main menu - open game - load your save - enjoy

3. Save before meeting black guard in Hall- Esc - open mods folder in menu - setup - choose Fugitive2 - uninstall - close game - go to your BODloader/Mods/ directory - delete Fugitive2 folder - find your archive Fugitive2 downloaded from the web - open it - find DefFuncs.py file - open and edit like post before but 2 strings - close file and confirm change in archive - dearchive Fugitive2 to your game BODloader/Mods/ forder - start game - open mods folder in menu - setup - choose Fugitive2 - install - cum back main menu - open game - load your save - enjoy

cieply
Dragon

I'm kind of stuck

Postby cieply » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:02 am

I will attach to this thread as it's about Fugitive 2, so I don't make another same/similar one.

Somewhere around brozne key and 3 knight guards I\m stuck and don't know what next. It may be because I killed Vinculanus. Speaking of killing Vinculanus he can be killed with bow from (121000, 3000, -196000). Not sure how it affects further play.

There are places where you can leave level's limits and leave bounds of map:
- You can jump on stone @(59500, -12000, -175000) and then jump onto portal @(54000, -13000, -175000) where you can walk on the wall and through the ceiling @(55000, -16000, -152000). You can also "walk up" onto portal from stones @(54000, -9000, -175000). This is game glitch but can be used.
- You can jump on stone @(55000, -14000, -325000) and then go out of bounds
- You can walk through ceiling @(9000, -14000, -323000)

There is a window @(82000, -8000, -200000) than you can go through and then two dark knight that escaped are blind and can be killed "for free".
This window looks exactly like one from Fugitive 1, where you can also go through it.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”