BLADE win10 crash FIX (VULKAN)

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

piltrafus
Dragon

BLADE win10 crash FIX (VULKAN)

Post by piltrafus »

Hi,
after trying to run Blade recently I found out that is doesn't work very well on current windows10. I'm not the only one apparently.
BLADE seems to have problems with directX in fullscreen. It crashes immediately after launch.
My usual "Voodoo 1-2" and Nglide(dx9) doesn't seem to work. I made it run with some settings but is very random.

The new option that seems reliable is to run the game using the new VULKAN graphics API (trough the latest Nglide 2.10 wrapper).
https://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide
That bypasses completely any DirectX issues. Seems to launch and run every time.
Haven't run though the full game with this but may help some people. Try it out.
blade_vulkanConfig.jpg
(92.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
You can also run Reshade on top of this. Just install the VULKAN version of RESHADE for this game.

Let us know if it works for you.
Best.

piltrafus
Dragon

Re: BLADE win10 crash FIX (VULKAN)

Post by piltrafus »

Or if you want to use DirectX with Nglide you can try this:

I'm using Nglide 1.04 as later versions (2.0) seem to crash too.
Just start the Launcher with the -console command line. The launcher and the console window will open. Then close the console and start the actual game.

How to start with the console:
Create a shortcut for Blade.exe
Open its properties and add "-console" after the path\blade.exe:

path\blade.exe -console