Fugitive 2: a little help please !

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

taurus01
Hatchling

Fugitive 2: a little help please !

Postby taurus01 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Hi, I have been trying to complete F2 after finishing F3 and F1 months ago. But I am stuck in F2: I cannot find the library key !
Can someone help me ? Is it the only way to access the part of the level located beyond the library door (which includes the bridge over the ballista) ?

As usual, congrats to Prospero for his amazing mods. If you haven't played the fugitive series, DO IT. NOW.

Thanks in advance !

<font size="1">By the way, I am the same person as Taurus, but I cannot log in with that name anymore for an unknown reason. My password is not recognized anymore. Any idea ?</font id="size1">

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:12 pm

Well it's ages since I actually played it but in the Library are a group of (friendly) knights who have barricaded the door. They have the key. To get it you have to work your way around to a little window. You don't need to get into the Library until nearly at the end. You are right in thinking the only way to get to the window is
over the bridge spanning the courtyard. Further on are some rooms with the roof missing. Look around near the one with the hole in the floor. [;)]

btw. If you mail addy in your original profile is not operational, that's maybe why you can't log in.

taurus01
Hatchling

Postby taurus01 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:08 pm

Thanks a lot Pro, but meanwhile I was trying to find the solution and I discovered I hadn't seen the gate lever. The first time you pull it, the orcs blow the bridge etc etc and you then have acces to the last part of the level including the section I was refering to. I have completed F2, and the whole end is, as in F3, so good it makes me cry for more. What I admire most is that you managed, in this series, to create something so immersive. It feels like watching an excellent Heroic Fantasy movie, one of the best, close to Conan the Barbarian on my own scale... I hold BoD for the best game I have ever played -and it is likely to be the best one I'll ever play-, but with the Fugitive series it become even more than this, it becomes more than a game. It is an epic adventure, with plenty of characters, friendship, action, the level design is fascinating and feeling so true-to-life (it feels like it could have existed), with so much variety and yet so much consistency, and you can easily imagin a very rich background. The series could easily be novellised, I guess, since the scenario is so creative and solid in each episode (the first one feeling less "written" however). I often catch myself evading travelling with my mind to the Fugitive universe, along with the games characters, and sharing their adventures, even when I'm not in front of the computer, and given the fact that I'm not 12 years old anymore, I guess it tells alot. (no, I'm not 13 either). Immersive is indeed the most appropriate word I can find. I wish the series could count 5, 10, 100s of episodes. I hope you'll forgive this uncut praise, I just had to tell. (And I presumed my wife wouldn't understand). I also love how you use the great soundtrack.

And of course, you knew I would ask, is F4 still coming ? Could we get a teaser screenshot ? I want to dream !
To tell the truth, although I find amazing what you and tptpt are achieving with the new characters and the wizard, what I am exclusively looking forward to is the next Fugitive episode...

May you get the respect you brilliantly deserve. Cheers,

Taurus

<font size="1">(And regarding my logging issue, my email adress is still valid, I pretended I had forgotten my pw and got an email to choose a new one, which I did, but I still cannot log as Taurus, even with the new pw. Doesn't matter that much anyway)</font id="size1">

Admin
Dragon

Postby Admin » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:38 pm

Taurus,
Your original account was disabled becuase you are using an email address that does not work and had subscribed to a few topics. Emails sent to the address in your Taurus account profile bounce. The email address in your new account (Taurus01) is different and obviously works as you managed to register.
I have re-activated your old account but you must log in and change your email address to a working one if you want to use your old account.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:17 pm

Pleased to hear folks are still playing my maps.[:D]

I have only just got back to working on FIV after fooling about with wizards and stuff. Since I started it the possibilty of using an almost endless variety of new chars (not to mention objects) has become a reality, so I keep re-doing bits to include new stuff.

FIV will be in 3 parts. Part 1 is well advanced: just needs some dialogue and a few save bugs fixing. Parts 2-3 still need a lot of work.

Here's a nice shot from part3>>>

taurus01
Hatchling

Postby taurus01 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:30 pm

<font size="1">Admin, don't worry with this anymore. I have no problem in having a new account. You can delete the previous one 'taurus'. What is surprising however is that the email adress used for my 'taurus' account is the one I use everyday [:p]</font id="size1">

Pro, thanks for the shot. The city looks great. Glad to here there's more fugitive coming. I'll be waiting !

Taurus

snakebyte
Hatchling

Postby snakebyte » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:25 am

I am stucked, like Taurus (i.e. I must enter that room with the lybrary lock). But I can't understand where is that damn little window!!!! What bridge did you talk about Prospero? I went everywhere but i didn't find anything...!!!!!

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:32 pm

OK. Have you got out into the main courtyard though the barracks? There would have been two large orcs outside and smaller ones firing missiles at you.

If you have got this far, you need to go to the gate that you saw in the opening scene and try the lever. It won't open but will trigger the next part. Go back towards the barracks and you will see that the barricade blocking the entrance arch has been moved. When you have killed the Troll and orcs that come though, go though as far as the gap in the BIG bridge and pick up the weapon. There should be a rockslide that stops you going back the same way. The only way to procede is a rope bridge leading to a path along the cliff. Taking this route will eventually bring you to the window at the side of the Library, where you get the Library Key.[:)]

Still confused? Try here:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/bladewebsite/MP.htm

(Walkthoughs2)

snakebyte
Hatchling

Postby snakebyte » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:21 pm

Damn... damn bug...
"At the far end of the balcony you will see that 2 Goblins have removed the bars from one of the windows, and have put a Cannon there!"
The cannon is there... but the bar is still there and I can't enter in...

There is a way to resolve this bug, or I must repeat the game?

snakebyte
Hatchling

Postby snakebyte » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:25 pm

I tried to jump over the bar, and i did it :D. Thanks for the help prospero ;)

Scion of Balance
Hatchling

Postby Scion of Balance » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:07 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm also trying to play fugitive II and I'm stuck right at the beginning:(
I tried to break the walls or find anything but there is just a deep hole I can see:(
Pls help:)

thx

Vasja
Dragon

Postby Vasja » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:31 am

You should see the introduction scene at least. You don't see - it means your Fugitive2 installation is wrong. You need FugSkins, TalkSystem, Allies mods installed.
<hr noshade size="1">
To any player who just wants to ask : "I am stuck in the game, what should I do here/there " ?
Answer: "Please hire a special guy, who will play BoD instead of you".
<hr noshade size="1">
To the author who likes to answer to such players questions.
Answer: "Please put road signs in your maps".

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:25 am

What Vasja said.[;)]

It will work without FugSkins (with some textures\icons missing), but it won't without the Talk System and Allies mods. I have now put links to these two mods on my site. Should have done it long ago. [:I]

btw. Vasja, since I got your last mail the wheather here has been very
cold and snowy. How did you do that? [:D][:0][8D]

Scion of Balance
Hatchling

Postby Scion of Balance » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:49 am

you were right:)
I didn't have talksystem and allies mod installed.Now it works fine.
Now I'm stuck again :D
but I'm sure I'm gonna figure it out somehow.
Btw don't let the "New member" tag fool you cause I'm a hardcore BoD-der since it came out in 2000 so if I ask something it's not a tipical beginner's question;)

thx for the help

Vasja
Dragon

Postby Vasja » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:02 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Now I'm stuck again :D
but I'm sure I'm gonna figure it out somehow.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This is a reply from a true BoD warrior. I should say I am
always stuck in any new map with a big question in my mind -
"What am I going to do " ?. In Fugitive1 I had gone to such a
thing in the underground - I put torches on any corner and
had made more than 20 rounds across all the map before I
had got to the bridge with two orcs.
The same was in Bigtruck's Empire map, but then I had eventually
seen a little thing at some place.

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”