doing Nejeb Oasis before Shalatuwar is worse for XP!

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

laughingskull2

doing Nejeb Oasis before Shalatuwar is worse for XP!

Postby laughingskull2 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm

For the first time ever, I just tried to play the game by taking the route Nejeb -> Xshathra -> Al-Farum BEFORE Salatuwar.

To my disappointment, you actually get LESS experience, even though it's much harder to beat the levels like that! :(

cieply
Dragon

Postby cieply » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Experience is based on monster levels and monster levels (at least some, especially golems and other big ones, which give quite a lot of experience) are based on your level when you enter the map, so it can be that you get lower level of high-experience monsters which result in less overall gain. That's why you'd got less experience.

About difficulty - pretty similar - you got tougher monsters earlier in the game, with 'smaller' weapons which made it more difficult.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sir Random
Dragon

Re: doing Nejeb Oasis before Shalatuwar is worse for XP!

Postby Sir Random » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:52 am

For the first time ever, I just tried to play the game by taking the route Nejeb -> Xshathra -> Al-Farum BEFORE Salatuwar.

To my disappointment, you actually get LESS experience, even though it's much harder to beat the levels like that! :(
Thanks for the heads up, I just killed the vamp and couldn't decide where to go next :)
Mods: http://daniel.brayforum.com/blademods

"The only solution is to solve the whole mystery, and return home as soon as possible."

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”