Warning! There have been bad guy selling BoD games illegally recently.

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Sryml
Dragon

Warning! There have been bad guy selling BoD games illegally recently.

Postby Sryml » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Hi all,

First of all, this is what happened in my country China.
Every player knows that BoD's developer is "Rebel Act Studios", the publisher is "Codemasters", and there are agents in other countries.

For example, the "天人互动" agency in China is pronounced "Tian Ren". Wikipedia page.
"Tian Ren" was established in 2001 and closed down in December 2003. The company once sold (with agency) the Blade of Darkness in China, so Chinese players were impressed with "Tian Ren".

Recently, there is a Chinese named "Wang Kai", in the order of Chinese, "Wang" is the surname. He used the same name "Tian Ren" to register another company in China (just a shell company) in 2018. The bad guy sold the BoD game on the website in the name of "Tian Ren" and claimed to own the copyright of BoD.
Chinese players are easily confused by him, because the real 2001 "Tian Ren" did sell "Blade of Darkness", but the "Wang Kai" company is fake "Tian Ren". I know that he does not own any BoD copyright.

That man also created a lot of rumors and did some illegal behavior. He packaged the mod made by modders into the original game and then sold the entire game. Stealing the fruits of other people’s work.
I have posted a warning post in the BoD community in China, so don't worry, the bad guy's goods are not bought at all.

He was only active in China before, and he has been against me and reported my article. Until recently, he began sending emails to modders in other countries saying that I was bad. MBK told me that he received a strange email, I have already discussed it with MBK, so I decided to write this post here.
The bad guy's mailbox is [email protected].

BoD fans please don't be angry, MBK told me:
Don't believe his/their psychological tricks, it is not good to lose the control of emotions and get into a rage ...
I know that the work of BoD modders doesn't seem to have any legal guarantees, but they have been doing it, just doing it... Like Prospero, Sir Random, MBK, Tomash, etc... Because real BoD players will remember them, real fans know how to share, this is the best thing!

BoD Forever! :) :)
Last edited by Sryml on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SHO ... P3FdZLWzpQ

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: Warning! There have been bad guy selling BoD games illegally recently.

Postby prospero » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:19 pm

Thanks for the Heads-up Syrml. :D

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:40 am

Greetings.
I'm going to get serious this time. :!:

All the people here knows that my name is Michael Barea González, (nickname mbeastking, MBK); I am from Spain; and I am the author of the Hyperborean Mod, that I have developed only by improving the Python code.
I've been busy getting a new computer to continue working; and after a few months, I return to working in my Hyperborean Mod.
I started in 2009 without knowing almost nothing about programming, observing the Python code, to learn its syntax. Today I have already spent 10 years of my life, a lot of endless work, countless sleepless nights, three broken computers, etc... But all that's just a personal challenge to me. I have been through many difficulties in my personal life that have delayed me months and months in the development of the mod... and the only people who helped me with this, are in this forum. Thank you very much to all friends. I know that you friends, you have also been through the same as me, because this is part of the hard work developing mods. For example, I can't imagine how much work and effort it will have cost to Prospero, to do his masterpieces. But I really know it and respect him. The same for other authors that we share here. We do something amazing for love of art, free, for others to enjoy; There is nothing wrong with that. Anyone who can do a work of art or an engineering work, which is useful and also makes others happy, can be proud of his/her talent and ability.

In front of the trolls, harassment, defamation and lies; I have preferred to focus on the good things and solve my own conflicts by understanding the people involved in the dramatic event. During these past 10 years, my life has gone to hell; A group of satanic psychopaths have literally persecuted me in internet for 7 years, (even threatening me with beatings and death). And this is not only for the Hyperborean Mod, (because I am correcting the BoD game with the old Norse wisdom); also is for my own paradigm, because I am neither communist nor capitalist nor Zionist. And this is the only link that I can establish, which gives an understandable meaning to the behaviors of such evil people: that they have political preferences and sales techniques, economic interests with what can be done socially with art works such as BoD. This is only my guess, it may not be 100% so; but every time I watch the bad things happens and who are those who do bad things like that, I can always came to the same conclusion based on the evidence and clues. But this forum is not a place for such ideological conflicts; Nor is it a place to make defamatory campaigns or harassment against anyone. This forum is not for these hatreds and no forum should be. But good people, innocent and sensitive, need to express their feelings, their projects, their aspirations, their dreams... In difficult circumstances, sometimes it is necessary to ask for help. That's what the police in each country are for, to denounce the crimes of criminals. To explain the circumstances, what has happened, it is necessary to know the background of everything, to know who are the ones involved; and say the events one by one, from the beginning, providing true evidence. Here, we can explain ourselves about how the development of our works goes; we can share the fruit of our effort... And now, also we could use this means of communication, to agree on how we can act each of us in our own country; and if necessary also defend ourselves legally against criminal abuse that someone named Wang Kai is trying to do.

This, of course, will be to the extent of each person in this forum, as each one decides what to do; Or if what Wang Kai has done affects his dignity and work. What I can see in the Baidu forums in China, is that the liar, named Wang Kai, is slandering Sryml and me, he defames us. And I didn't know anything about Wang Kai, we've never talked, I didn't know that there was a company called Tian Ren that had permission from Codemasters or Rebel Act; and this company, Tian Ren, was dedicated to distributing and selling BoD in China, until 2003. But suddenly, a few weeks ago, that guy, Wang Kai, sent me a strange email, very similar to other emails I received from other satanics and hackers... I watched the email carefully and warned Sryml, because in that email, Wang Kai accused Sryml of doing things that are lies.

Well, for now it is enough. In the following comment, I will put images that show what has happened, so that the actions will be evident to everyone and the meaningful context can be understood. I'll just use this post to express what happened, trying to maintain an objective approach. Actions speak for themselves, will not need to insult or attack anyone, even someone deserves it...
So, respect and gratitude to all the members of this forum, Arokh´s Lair.
See you soon.
Loose your ghosts, because they chain suspiciously your freedom.
My Youtube channel, tests with Hyperborean Mod:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MBEASTKING1980
Web site of Hyperborean mod:
https://sites.google.com/view/bodhyperboreanmodbymbk

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:59 pm

MBK said so long, I have a resonance,
Wang Kai is like the Satan psychopath that MBK said. The slanders/intimidation I have suffered are so similar to MBK.

Before 2012, I was just an ordinary BoD player.
In January 2012, I first registered an account with Baidu Tieba (a social networking site like the forum) in China. Users can create any topic/section, then follow the section, post the post, and get the experience upgrade title. In 2005, someone created the section for Blade of Darkness (Referred to as "BoD Tieba"), and any Baidu user can apply as the administrator of this section.
As an ordinary member of "BoD Tieba", I don't know Arokh's Lair forum, I don't know all of you.

At that time, other old users shared MOD in "BoD Tieba". I discovered the existence of MOD through this. It was the first time I came into contact with these things.

MingYue, he was the administrator of "BoD Tieba" at the time. His English is very good, and he shared a lot of foreign resources for us to know.
At the time, I really didn't understand anything and didn't know python. But MingYue always knows a lot, I always ask him. Start with the simplest changes, how to modify the health value, and how to modify the combo skills. . . He translated a lot of tutorials, like map make, and 20 tutorials from Prospero.

Countless sleepless nights, we discuss and study together. He taught me a lot and he encouraged me to come to Arokh's Lair Forum. I first met MBK, and at that time we seemed to be discussing the two-handed combo. Haha!
From the almost incomprehensible programming to the release of the first MOD: Smaller Volcano Island in January 2014, I learned a lot in this process and let me know how to learn. MingYue is like my BoD mentor, he and Prospero are my most respected people!

But now, many people have disappeared. I mean they are busy or have other reasons and don't have time to pay attention to these things.
But I still believe that there will always be people here. This is the most beautiful and pure place. Arokh's Lair!
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SHO ... P3FdZLWzpQ

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:53 am

Greetings.
It has been a while to see the reactions of the aforementioned "Wang Kai". I have been focused on other matters more important to me; but now I will describe what has happened.

- JUNE 28TH. WHILE I DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE MATTER; WANG KAI SENT A MESSAGE TO MY EMAIL.
In this image you can see Wang Kai's message...

- JULY 7TH. THEN I READ THE MESSAGE FROM THAT STRANGE, THEN I INVESTIGATE WHO HE IS AND WHAT HE SAYS; DISCOVERING THAT WANG KAI IS A LYING CRIMINAL THAT ACCUSES SRYML OF THINGS THAT ARE LIES, WHICH TRULY HAVE BEEN CARRIED OUT BY HIMSELF WANG KAI.
THEN, I WRITE TO SRYML AND I EXPLAIN WHAT HAS HAPPENED.
IF YOU CAN READ WHAT I SAY IN THE PICTURES, IT WILL NOT BE NECESSARY TO REPEAT THE EXPLANATION.

- JULY 8TH. THEN, SRYML RESPONSES ME AND EXPLAINS ME ABOUT THE MATTER:

- JULY 11TH. THEN, I ANSWER TO SRYML:

- JULY 11TH. THEN, SRYML RESPONSES ME:

- JULY 24TH. THEN, I ANSWER TO WANG KAI:
IN THE MESSAGE I WRITTEN TO WANG KAI, I HAD SOME ERROR WRITING DUE TO THE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR. I CORRECTED IT AND SENT THE MESSAGE TO HIM AGAIN. SO, I WOULD MAKE SURE THAT HE UNDERSTANDS THE ARGUMENTS I USE, TO RESPOND TO HIM:

- JULY 24TH. THEN, WANG KAI RESPONSES ME, ACTING AS AN ACTOR, WITH OTHER LIES AND EXCUSES:

- JULY 24TH. THEN, I ANSWER TO WANG KAI:

- JULY 24TH. THEN, I WRITE TO SRYML AND I EXPLAIN WHAT HAS HAPPENED AT THE MOMENT.
I SHOWN SEVERAL IMAGES TO SRYML ABOUT IT:

- JULY 24TH. THEN, SRYML RESPONSES ME:

- JULY 24TH. THEN, WANG KAI RESPONSES ME, ACTING AS AN ACTOR AGAIN, WITH OTHER LIES AND EXCUSES AGAIN. THAT OCCASION HE ADOPTED THE ROLE OF ACTOR AS IF HE WAS SOMEONE SERIOUS AND DANGEROUS, NOT A STUPID FAN...:
I READ THE MESSAGES FROM THAT LYING BASTARD, CRIMINAL THAT USES MARKETING MASKS AS AN ACTOR; AND I DIDN'T ANSWER HIM AGAIN BECAUSE IT'S LIKE TALKING TO "A FALSE PUPPET THAT DOES NOT ALLOW TO SEE THEIR THREADS THAT TAKE THE REAL DIRECTOR OF THE THEATER" ...
WANG KAI WOULD ONLY RESPOND WITH MORE PSYCHOLOGICAL STRATEGIES TO TRY TO CONFUSE ME; REPEATING THE SAME LIE FROM DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND ATTITUDES. AS FIRST HE WAS LIKE "A SERIOUS CHARACTER THAT HAS A GOOD INTENTION TO NOTICE OF SOMETHING BAD," THEN "A STUPID FAN THAT MAKES THE VICTIM", AND THEN HE WAS A MIX OF THE TWO ROLES LIKE "ANOTHER AGGRESSIVE CHARACTER THAT TRIES TO JUSTIFY HIS LIES WITH HATE AND VICTIMISM, AN ALSO "THREAT INDIRECTLY THAT HE WILL CONTINUE DOING WHAT HE DOES (DEFAMATION, HARASSMENT, PLAGIOUS, ETC) WITH HIGHER EFFECTIVENESS AND WILL"... SO HE GUARANTEES THAT, AS IF HE WAS ACCESSED AS A "SAVIOR OF HIS LOST SAD CAUSE".
REALLY, THAT KIND OF PEOPLE HAS MANY SOCIAL MASKS AND HE IS ABLE TO "DO DAMAGE TO AN INNOCENT WHILE IT APPEARS WITH A GOOD SMILE". THAT KIND OF COMMERCIAL CRIMINALS AND SCAMMERS, ONLY CAN BE STOPPED WITH PHYSICAL PRISON, NOT WITH WORDS. BECAUSE THEY USE THE LANGUAGE IN THEIR FAVOR TO TRY TO CONVINCE OF THEIR "SOCIAL SUCCESS" AND ATTRACT BELIEVERS AND ACCOITS WHO FOLLOW THE THEATER FOR FUTURE ECONOMIC GAINS. THAT'S WHY HE SENT ME HIS MESSAGE, TO TRY TO DECEIVE ME AND TO TRY THAT I REACT BLINDED TO HIS FAVOR. BUT DECEIVE ME? HE DOES NOT KNOW ME, AFTER MORE THAN 7 YEARS FIGHTING AGAINST SATANIC PEOPLE LIKE THAT, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DECEIT ME WITH PSYCHOLOGICAL TRICKS. I TRY TO INVESTIGATE EVERYTHING AND UNDERSTAND EVERYONE.
THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T TELL HIM ANY MORE, IT WAS NOT NECESSARY MORE WORDS TO KNOW HOW HIS PSYCHOLOGICAL ATTITUDE AND ITS PURPOSE.

- JULY 26TH. THEN, I SEE WHAT WANG KAI IS DOING IN HIS SITE; AND I WRITE A POST IN THE TOPIC "New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more":
viewtopic.php?p=33741#p33741

- JULY 26TH. THEN, I WRITE TO SRYML:

- JULY 29TH. THEN, I WRITE TO SRYML:

- JULY 30TH. THEN, SRYML RESPONSES ME:

- AUGUST 12TH. THEN, I ANSWER TO SRYML:
I must correct a word from the text:
<< REGISTER AN INTELLECTUAL WORK WITH THE NAME OF "DARK BLADE", PAYING CORRESPONDING MONEY, BUT WITHOUT DEMONSTRATING ANYTHING THAT HE HAS WORKED IN THE CREATION OF THE WORK HE HAVE REGISTERED. >>
The translator of Google put "YOU", and not "HE".

- AUGUST 12TH. THEN, SRYML RESPONSES ME:

- AUGUST 12TH. THEN, I ANSWER TO SRYML:

- And, for now, that is all I can say...
Loose your ghosts, because they chain suspiciously your freedom.
My Youtube channel, tests with Hyperborean Mod:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MBEASTKING1980
Web site of Hyperborean mod:
https://sites.google.com/view/bodhyperboreanmodbymbk

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”