about bigtruck-canada.ca........

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

snow91
Whelp

about bigtruck-canada.ca........

Post by snow91 »

Dear bladers,

I give a brief introduction to myself: I am an Italian guy who has played blade of darkness since its release date, but I have never participated in communities. I think it's better late than never. I have played this game many times with all the characters and have always loved it.

For some time, however, I have noticed that the most famous modding site (bigtruck-canada.ca) has disappeared. So somewhere I read that with ruby you could still get the site material.

So I thought of republishing it online (with all due thanks) with a new look. I don't know if this bothers the legitimate owners.... and if it does it is not a problem to remove it for me.

https://bigtruck.altervista.org/

I hope you can find all the old content you need, if you have any requests please feel free to contact me!

Borer
Whelp

Re: about bigtruck-canada.ca........

Post by Borer »

What a nice surprise :D

I was missing that website so much, thanks for bringing it back. It looks great and I even found a couple of amazon skins that I didn't have :mrgreen:

It's perfect as it is, but the only thing I missed was this part in the image, which was my favourite because clicking on THE MAPS/THE MODS took me to the fun downloads as a player who wasn't into modding at the time :twisted: I instinctively clicked on the red letters :(
Maybe even add links to Maps/Mods in the Home tab too (that was probably the most visited part, IMO). But as I said, it's perfect as it is, no need to touch anything on it unless you want to :)

Thanks for keeping this website alive, and welcome to the community!

snow91
Whelp

Post by snow91 »

Hello Borer :)
Well yes I preferred to insert the sitemap on the left. But I have inserted the links as you requested :wink:

Unfortunately some sides of the site such as the guestbook were not restorable :( but everything you need should be there

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi and Welcome Snow91. :D

I used to play online with BigTruck many years ago. He had a good BB connection and figured out how to host games.
There is some good stuff on his site - particularly for modders.

snow91
Whelp

Post by snow91 »

Dear Prospero,
I'm really happy to read your answer. I don't know which of the old modders are still around but it's really good to know that you are here. There is also your old page that we can update if you want.
There is some good stuff on his site - particularly for modders.

Yep, when I could not reach the site I put my hands in my hair! Just really need these old tutorials and stuff.

This was because I had started working on a few things and absolutely needed the BigTruck site

I was updating new HD textures about the old addon by IrateGiant:
https://www.moddb.com/games/severance-b ... smodvers13
https://www.moddb.com/mods/textures-x4-for-armoursmod13

but i was thinking about continuing the mod and adding new armor so i started with 3DS Max...
I leave you a preview of what I am doing, although there are still some bugs and some things I should fix :wink:
Attachments
gdgdgd.png
gdgdgd.png (735.74 KiB) Viewed 476 times

Sryml
Dragon

Post by Sryml »

Welcome snow91 :D
Great website and armor. I want to ask, have you completed the mutilation group of the model?
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SHO ... P3FdZLWzpQ

snow91
Whelp

Post by snow91 »

Hello Sryml, (and thanks for uploading the max files, without them I could never have started) :shock:

As for the mutilation group, I used the original model and pasted the pieces to it as well as for the skin, but I noticed that during the game you see the texture of the flesh for example in the right arm. :?
I still don't know how to solve the problem, I have thought of some ideas but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I still have to prepare the wounded texture with GIMP.

edit: here's an exemple
Attachments
gfg.png
gfg.png (548.06 KiB) Viewed 463 times

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Nice job Snow. :D

sfb
Dragon

Post by sfb »

Awesome work mate! Thanks too for reviving Big Truck's page.

cheers
SFB

Ubaid
Dragon

Post by Ubaid »

Hi snow91
It's probably the problem with the skeleton.
Try to move that skeleton part and test it in-game (Remember: Make sure to make a backup.)

P.S: I'm sure that your model will not be able to get severed like the original RAS models.
Everything You Need Is Already Inside Of You.

snow91
Whelp

Post by snow91 »

thanks @sfb and @prospero :)

@Ubaid, what I did was use the "Align" button to align the 3 parts. but the problem remains...
I was thinking about modifying the mutilation skin and removing the injured parts, but I know there will be other problems there

Any suggestions? thanks
Last edited by snow91 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ubaid
Dragon

Post by Ubaid »

That's the problem of aligning :(
So you have to align it manually, that's what I did to solve that arm issue
and if you want to align it perfectly, my advice is to turn on the wireframe and then align it. So you can align it more accurately.

P.S: I'm thinking about making a tutorial for the mutilation of the model. :D

snow91
Whelp

Post by snow91 »

Ubaid wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:58 am That's the problem of aligning :(
So you have to align it manually, that's what I did to solve that arm issue
and if you want to align it perfectly, my advice is to turn on the wireframe and then align it. So you can align it more accurately.

P.S: I'm thinking about making a tutorial for the mutilation of the model. :D

I tried to align it manually but when you zoom in too much and move it the model "pops away", so it's hard to align it perfectly, however there doesn't seem to be any difference :(
Attachments
dggfdg.png
dggfdg.png (167.05 KiB) Viewed 354 times

Ubaid
Dragon

Post by Ubaid »

Haha Yeah, That's what happened to me first. that little mistake is causing the arm problem.
I've got a way to perfectly align but It's hard to explain it here, that's why I'm thinking of making a tutorial. :)

snow91
Whelp

Post by snow91 »

Ubaid wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:19 am Haha Yeah, That's what happened to me first. that little mistake is causing the arm problem.
I've got a way to perfectly align but It's hard to explain it here, that's why I'm thinking of making a tutorial. :)

ok then i will wait because i can't get over this point, thanks :roll: