about bigtruck-canada.ca........

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Sryml
Dragon

Re: about bigtruck-canada.ca........

Post by Sryml »

Good. it just corrects the perspective texture.
If you want to make the correct limb, in order you need to do the following four steps.
1. set the entire right-hand smoothing group to 5.

2. the joint faces (internal faces) of the upper arm are set to 5+32

3. Forearm and hand set at 5+6

4. Set the joint faces of the Forearm to 6+32 and cancel 5

There are other parts that require similar setups, as well as the assignment of injury areas to skin groups. I admit that this is a more difficult process. When that is done, your model will be as perfect as the original model. :D

RAS specifies the skeleton number for the human model. 0 is the center, but the smoothing group has no 0, so it counts from 1.

These numbers correspond to areas of injury, but do not apply to severed limbs.
For example, char.SeverLimb(1) is the severed head, 2 is the entire left hand, 3 is the left forearm. 4 is the entire right hand, and 5 is the right forearm...etc. You need to use the original characters in the game to test this.

Code: Select all

Center     : 0
Chest      : 1
Head       : 2
R_Shoulder : 3
R_Arm      : 4
R_Elbow    : 5
R_Forearm  : 6
R_Wrist    : 7
R_Hand     : 8
L_Shoulder : 9
L_Arm      : 10
L_Elbow    : 11
L_Forearm  : 12
L_Wrist    : 13
L_Hand     : 14
R_Ass      : 15
R_Leg      : 16
R_Knee     : 17
R_Boot     : 18
R_Foot     : 19
L_Ass      : 20
L_Leg      : 21
L_Knee     : 22
L_Boot     : 23
L_Foot     : 24
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SHO ... P3FdZLWzpQ

Sryml
Dragon

Post by Sryml »

By the way, are you running 3dmax2.5 on a virtual system? I don't know if you've tried the portable version :D
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SHO ... P3FdZLWzpQ

snow91
Whelp

Post by snow91 »

Sryml wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:59 am By the way, are you running 3dmax2.5 on a virtual system? I don't know if you've tried the portable version :D

Oh man..... are you a mage? :shock:
I was with Windows98 :lol:

snow91
Whelp

Post by snow91 »

Hey there, i'm still adding pieces and editing and this is really hard and fun. :D

I'm trying to make some more changes but I have some problems. For example I noticed that when you change the material and put it as 2-sided option, this has no effect. So the inside of the helmet I should do it again I don't know how :oops:
EDIT: solved, I managed to turn the helmet like a sock.... but how do you fix the texture mapping ??

Also, there are some visual bugs in which the new shoulder pops out a piece while running with the weapon on hands. It is always difficult to understand where to touch :|
EDIT: well it was the original shoulder so i can't do anything about that

Also, as good as the plate leggings are, they don't fit as the character moves as if he were wearing jeans...

I hope not to break me down and continue, I still have to do Zoe
Attachments
tukaram_heavy.png
tukaram_heavy.png (508.9 KiB) Viewed 120 times

sum_of_3_cubes
Hatchling

Post by sum_of_3_cubes »

BigTruck's website is one of the best ever about Blade of Darkness. I love the info on dev tools and the original development team. It would be a huge loss for our community to completely lose that website. Here's a snapshot of blade-of-darkness.bigtruck-canada.ca on the Internet Archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200315052 ... canada.ca/

The sub menus are working and you can still access the different parts of the site. Thank you, BigTruck, and thanks to the great community of Blade! All the best!