An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

copperman
Hatchling

Post by copperman »

When is this game supposed to come out and is it on PC?

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

Hey BobGamAR, if ya wanna try a game quite similar to BOD, ( with not less then 12 characters) you gat to play Enclave!

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

copperman, Conan is supposed to come out during the first half of this year, and yes it will be on PC...
http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiche ... 26356.html ( sorry , but it's in french :-))

BodGamAR
Hatchling

Post by BodGamAR »

I played it long time ago. Might be centuries :D

I think the characters are well chosen but the way to safe the game doesent seem to be well-chosen. Its simply converted from the console so you cant save in an intelligent way. The prog saves automatically every stage and thats annoying. Especially when you die 1 meter before the stage ends. That happened to me to be sure... :(

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

The fact that there is only one save every stage didn't enoye me so much...It took me 3 days to finnish it with all caracters. And I think that the worth thing about Enclave, it is his length...Its really to short!!! But I think that the shooting parts are totally awsome!!! I've enjoyed it well!

Ralo
Whelp

Post by Ralo »

Just keep an eye out for Strabree Studios 'Knights of the Temple' - this, in my view, will be the true heir to BoD's throne. Enclave II will also be noteworthy, but it's more console-based (same developer).

Go to: http://www.o3games.com/sbz/EN_PlainPage.asp?id=2090

and take a look-see.

Thank goodness there are still some exciting hack'n'slash developers!

-Ralo

Dericious
Whelp

Post by Dericious »

I'd recommand gothic I & II.Both are brilliant action rpg games.

Also if you're a sw fan, Jedi academy is a must!Epic saber duels, can i say more?

Finally that conan truly looks wonderfull!

The Usurper
Hatchling

Post by The Usurper »

Crawdaddy79,

Thanks for the 411 on Conan. Hopefully, this game will deliver on Robert E Howard's legacy and not be just a franchise grab at market share.

I find both franchise games (games from movies) and the timing somewhat curious of this release (ridin' on the LOR gravy train?)--perhaps I am too skeptical but most games developed after movies tend to be suspect.[8]

Ralo
Whelp

Post by Ralo »

EA's LOR franchise might look the dog's nuts but the gameplay is less than perfect and very much 'on rails' - there's little to no sense of true freedom (as in BoD). Enclave was better at this, but still tended to 'guide' the player through its gorgeous maps with only minimal freedom to explore (but I guess it wasn't really that type of game, anyway).

We're still waiting for a definitive successor to BoD and I'm not so sure Conan will fit the bill, either - with today's fixation on 'pick-up-and-play' gaming (as well as a sorry devotion to multiplayer and online gaming), most developers seem to have all but forgotten what makes a good single-player experience. I'm hopeful that Knights of the Temple might put some of this right, but we'll have to see.

-Ralo

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

Hey guys, dose some one knows what the Maral is, in the forteresse of Shalatuwar??

The Usurper
Hatchling

Post by The Usurper »

Ralo, compadre--agreed.

I played LOTR Return of the King demo from CGW's 1/2004 #234 DVD demo disc, while the graphics were beautiful, the game play was tedious, for most of the hew fest, I felt like I needed to feed quarters to my PC-- in short despite excellent graphics, ROTK felt like an arcade platform game. It does boost multiplayer coop, still the game play as it seems on the demo at least. is too linear at best a "thumb and mash" experience...[8]

The Usurper
Hatchling

Post by The Usurper »

Cyco,

probably breaking some protocal by relpying to a game post in a subject thread, however, the Mural will provide you some information on the next couple of levels after S. fortress. There will be some references to items you will need to obtain for the main quest. Good luck, amigo and check your corners (as well as overhead battlements.)

P.S., you already probably did this, but hit your "interact/use" function to launch the Mural cutscene...

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

All right I shouldn't have broke the protocal, I am soooooooo sorrrrryyyyyy ;- .... Any way, I saw that Starbreeze was working on Enclave 2... I hope it would be as good as the first one, or even better by making it longer...However, I wasn't able to know when it would come out!! Dose some one knows any thing??

Ralo
Whelp

Post by Ralo »

Hi Cyco [:D]

All I can suggest is to keep an eye on their website. GamesTM magazine here in the UK did feature a preview on the game a while back, with a promise of more in-depth coverage to follow in a future issue... but so far nothing.

Starbreeze haven't updated their website in a while and seem very reluctant to pass out info or screenshots on Enclave II. They seem more focused on 'Knights of the Temple' which (I suspect) they place more importance on as their new 'killer app' (it does look good).

I pray they stay in business long enough to finish these games!

-Ralo[;)]

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Conan PC demo is available. 133 megs.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/conan/

If you can't get it there, you can get it from my mirror at

***removed*** (but don't post that link anywhere else.. wouldn't want my bandwidth allocation to be exceeded... It's a 5 gig a day allotment so I should be fine just for you guys, but this is the first time I've posted a big file like this for download...) Also, it will be about fifteen minutes from my edit before it's fully uploaded to my server.