An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

mersil
Whelp

Post by mersil »

Ok, Now that i have downloaded, Played , and Beat the Conan Demo. I an anticipating this game very much. The Combo's are Excellent. there are many of them too. this game has many cut scenes, and puzzles identical BOD.

i hope our character will be able to have some clothes. especially if we have to go into a snowy region . i am not to fond of looking at a half nude character the whole game. maybe some cool armour later in the game.

Dr.Haggard
Whelp

Post by Dr.Haggard »

I shared your concern, but you'll be glad to know he does get chainmail and other accoutrements during the game.

tikornium
Hatchling

Post by tikornium »

Woahooooooo [:D]

mersil
Whelp

Post by mersil »

Does Anyone plan on Playing EverQuest II. this looks like its shaping up to be a pretty good online game. i think i may have to give it a try.. it looks too good to not at least try it..

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

Wich one are you talking about?I mean, they're 8 diferent Everquest!!!

MajorN
Hatchling

Post by MajorN »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mersil</i>

yes ! Knights Of The Republic looks Promising also...

http://www.knightsofthetemple.com/screenshots.php
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There's a demo for this one too?

Dr.Haggard
Whelp

Post by Dr.Haggard »

Nope, no demo for Knights of the Temple yet, but it's due out in Europe at the beginning of March and in the UK at the end of March (AFAIK only the XBox version has gone gold so far, but they are releasing it for PC, PS2 and GC too). US release is yet to be confirmed but I'm sure it will be pretty soon after that.

MajorN
Hatchling

Post by MajorN »

I've played the CONAN Demo.
Not bad, but nothing like Severance; the player's movements are really bad, expecially when he run (he seem goofy and stupid).
The combat is pretty nice, many combos with only three buttons, but there are no powerfull combos like Severance.
I like the sounds (remember DOOM? [:p]), but Conan's grunting make him a bit silly.

I know is a very first BETA game, but I hope they adjust all the things I don't like.

mersil
Whelp

Post by mersil »

II = 2 thats pretty obvious ..huh

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

Ha ha ha... really funny!!!!! But normally ya got a name, and not only a numbre...So there is: Everquest : Gates Of Discord, Everquest : The Legacy Of Ykesha, Everquest : The Planes Of Power, Everquest : The Ruins Of Kunark, Everquest : The Scars Of Velious, Everquest : The Shadows Of Luclin, Everquest Renaissance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, can ya tell me if it's one of them???

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

I'm looking for a playable demo of Knight of the Temple... Dose some one knows if it existe?

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Nope, not yet..

But there's an updated version of the Conan demo. [;)]

klawz
Whelp

Post by klawz »

oh boy Conan is such a ****ty game. I've tried to play it for a few hours but I gave it up because its crap. You cant save unless you find some runestones and you can use each of them only once. there is no autosave. never. but there are traps, pending hammers, rolling boulders and thin ledges you have to cross. the enemies dont seem very smart, in fact, thats the last thing you have to worry about except when they push you and make you fall and die. the view changes in the most unexpected moments. there are also bugs, to help you out even more with the view problems. there are alot of combos but they're way far from Blade's combos. nothing special to say about the graphics or the sound. the only good thing I remember about this game is that the loading times are short. be prepared for alot of loading times.

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

Crawdaddy79, where can I get this up dated version of Conan?

Dr.Haggard
Whelp

Post by Dr.Haggard »

This is the updated, official Conan demo: http://www.gamershell.com/download_5138.shtml

Btw Knights of the Temple will be out on all platforms in Europe this month. It's already in some stores in Italy I heard, should be in the rest of continental Europe over the next few days or so, and will be in the UK by about the 19th. US date not confirmed yet.

For some reason www.amazon.co.uk are selling it rather cheaply if anyone's interested (but don't get the impression it's a budget game, it most certainly isn't [:)]).

There's also a new trailer available here: http://www.nexgam.net/index.php?site=11 ... etail=4827
And a music video by a band called Within Temptation featuring the game here: http://mfile.akamai.com/10579/wmv/bmgge ... on_dsl.wmv