An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

bladde
Whelp

Postby bladde » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:47 pm

oh by6 the way you should try the prince of persia 2 its cooler than prince of persia 1 (the sands of time)

Face The Slayer
Whelp

Postby Face The Slayer » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:48 pm

Heh Sands of Time was more like PoP 1.75, as the original was a platform game back in (blows dust off leather bound tome) 1989
But yeah, from watching the vids etc, PoP2 does look like it's up there with the best of 'em even though it's not necessarily a BoD beater (I've yet to play PoP2).

Samson, I agree with what you said about voiceovers in games. Sometimes they are so inappropriate, at least the ones in BoD were not American even if they did sound a bit hammy at times.
I think the people that make these games should listen to Orson Welles' narration on Manowar's "Defender" and "Dark Avenger" then go and sign him up for some voiceovers... or Christopher Lee if they could afford him :D

Face The Slayer
Whelp

Postby Face The Slayer » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:16 pm

I have to say the music on the PoP2 website is pretty cool, nice bit of metal with one or two eastern twangs thrown in to keep the Persian feel.
I can't wait for a demo so I can check this game out. Weapons look like fun. A good selection of swords, plus you can play with axes, maces and throwable daggers.
You can also pick up stray objects and use them (bit like BoD where you can hit people with stools, buckets, logs, etc). Bet you can't "hack off your enemy's limb then thrash him with it" like in BoD though...

Stiler
Whelp

Postby Stiler » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:58 pm

The Pop:WW demo has came out a few days ago.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/princepersia5/downloads/

cyco
Dragon

Postby cyco » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:40 pm

Thanx for the tip, Stiler, but I think you should read more f^the forum you're writing to... We're talking regurary about PoP 2 Since more than 4 months.(http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/topic.a ... ichpage=10)
But Thnx any way...

cyco
Dragon

Postby cyco » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:42 pm

Excuse me Stiler, the previous message was for Bladde... Sorry about that!

Stiler
Whelp

Postby Stiler » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:07 am

umm yea heh, I was replying to Face The Slayer about prince of persia:warrior within (pop:5)

Face The Slayer
Whelp

Postby Face The Slayer » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:54 am

Thanks Stiler, getting it now via BT :D

Face The Slayer
Whelp

Postby Face The Slayer » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:18 pm

Hmmm. PoP:WW is OK but... well I like the slow motion finishing moves, but the fighting gets repetitive. The traps are interesting. Getting used to the movement is a challenge, as forward, back, left and right are not relative to the angle you're facing - they're relative to the world. I can't for the life of me figure out the wall climbing thing, jumping from wall to wall - I just end up in the spike pit. Doing double weapon attacks is fun, but it's weird that the weapons break after a few hits, so you enter a fight and wonder why you only have one sword all of a sudden. There's no save function (maybe it's just because it's a demo?) which can be frustrating. The heavy metal soundtrack is nice though.
Overall I'd give the demo a 7 out of 10 as it's nice and gory but too repetitive and the movement is over complex - it's fun to watch but frustrating to play. It's certainly not a contender for BoD's crown.

cyco
Dragon

Postby cyco » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:10 pm

I'd like to figure it out by my self; so, where did you get the demo?

Face The Slayer
Whelp

Postby Face The Slayer » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:29 pm

See the link in Stiler's post about 5 posts above my last one.

klawz
Whelp

Postby klawz » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:13 pm

From what I know, Fable is out on Xbox only, does anyone know if there's gonna be a PC version?
The Witcher seems to be an intersting game.
http://www.thewitcher.com/witcher.asp

Face The Slayer
Whelp

Postby Face The Slayer » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:05 pm

Interesting. Not much in the way of media, but the plot sounds like a cross between Conan the Barbarian and Soldier of Fortune...

Face The Slayer
Whelp

Postby Face The Slayer » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:07 pm

Or perhaps it's more like Van Helsing...

IronLord
Whelp

Postby IronLord » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:46 am

Hey! What do I read beneath one of the screenshots:

"A small, but cozy place in the best disctrict of Maribor. Lots of tasty food and great company. Of course, <font color="red">no elves and dwarves allowed</font id="red">." [V]

But these pictures are really a good inspiration for BOD maps architecture.

"We would like 'The Witcher' to be a class in its own, but in some aspects it can be compared to games like <font color="red">Dungeon Siege</font id="red"> (because of the game world visualization and point and click gameplay), <font color="red">Neverwinter Nights</font id="red"> (because of the technology used, world presentation, and fantasy theme), or even <font color="red">Knights of The Old Republic</font id="red"> (because of world presentation, quest design and moral choices that influence the gameplay).[...]
The game is entirely mouse controlled, and therefore extremely easy to play. At the same time our combat system enables the player to pull off many different attacks in real time during combat sequence. The player can create his own combinations of blows and slashes before fight and then test it on his enemies, using variety of weapons, although the witcher is skilled mostly in sword combat and our system reflects that."

"The main hero of the game is a <font color="red">professional slayer of monsters</font id="red">. A warrior who has been trained to fight since childhood, subjected to mutations and trials that transformed him. He belongs to a "brotherhood" of witchers that had been created long ago in order to protect mankind from foul beasts and monsters."

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”