An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

mersil
Whelp

Post by mersil »

IronLord
Whelp

Post by IronLord »

Will there be a Demonstone version for PC? What does this "Games for Windows" logo mean? Anyway, I can't see the typical PC game logo...[:(]

samsonight
Hatchling

Post by samsonight »

If that game is for Windows, it's for PC. But beware if the makers of the Two Towers movie adaptation game made this one it probably has those levels that make you feel like you are on rails with no freedom of movement or backtracking. Such a game is meant for in-the-moment action without player input as to pace. Any BoD fan would find that too restricting i think...
J.S.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

The Witcher looks very good.[:D] There again a lot of games look good but other things let them down badly. We will see.....

Some of the objects look as if they are straight out of BOD.

mersil
Whelp

Post by mersil »

WOW this Witcher Game looks Really Great !!!!

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

The Witcher remains me Knights of the Temple, I hope this one will be better... KotT was not so bad, but I won't say that it's a graet game... It took me a couple of hours to finnish it, and the evolution of the caracter is pretty poor...
Any way, better keep a eye on it, we'll never know!!!

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

SHADE-wrath of angels
http://www.shade-game.com/

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Just had a quick go with the SHADE demo. It's not bad, but it looks and plays a bit like Enclave. Compared to BOD it looks very crude.[:(]

I might buy it when I see it in the bargain bin for a fiver.[;)]

Axle Stone
Whelp

Post by Axle Stone »

Knights of the Temple and Conan looks very promising, but they didn"t have mods!! and our beloved BOD has it, that|"s why it will lived in ours hearts forever!!

IronLord
Whelp

Post by IronLord »

A very good reason for NOT buying "Knights of the Temple" is the camera movement!!! The camera is the worst damn ugly CRAP SH*T I've ever seen. Every 5 seconds the keys to move the character are changed! [xx(] (Play the demo first!!! Do not waste money for that!)

Axle Stone
Whelp

Post by Axle Stone »

WHAT about patch 1.1 ? is it solved this trouble?

IronLord
Whelp

Post by IronLord »

Once I have written an eMail to the "KOTT" customer service and asked about a patch that fixes this ugly camera-control-issue. They told me there IS no such patch and there WON'T BE! [xx(]
So they can go to hell with their crap game (although graphics and animations are quite good).

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I suppose I am just too used to the BOD control system, but IronLord is absolutely correct. The KOTT camera is very wierd. With the the player constantly changing his orientation to the camera it makes it difficult to steer him. Maybe you could get used to it in time, but I for one really can't be bothered.[}:)]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just had a quick go with the SHADE demo. It's not bad, but it looks and plays a bit like Enclave. Compared to BOD it looks very crude<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

[:(!]Pro you are rigth, this game is nothing like Severance, i posted the link before even try the demo now that i played a see that is iet to come a game that takes the crown from BOD and don´t is this game.
The grafics are dated for a 2004 game,in the demo the player is very slow ate making the attacks with the sword, because of that i died many times with only the first two bad guys[B)](I am used ate playing with the knight in BOD[:D]),the animations are not bad, but the BOD animations are better.I even saw the impossible in this game the archers can shoot us with the arrows even if they aren´t aiming us[:0].And if they use the meqon physics engine(badly implemented) why they only used it to make webs, curtains and the bad ragg dolls and let the rest of the world static that don´t make sense(and the demo have a bug that make the waepons, and the raggys go through the floor, to solve this bug you need to put the month of the computer in september[:0]WTF!!)

I will not touch this game even with a 5 meters stick[:(!]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Maybe I am being a bit unfair, as I didn't play it for very long. Some of the animations are good (jumping,climbing), but the general walking about is very robotic. Also, you get the player fading when they walk near obstacles, which is slightly weird.