An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

immor7al
Whelp

Postby immor7al » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:22 am

I have done Enclave three or four months ago.For me it's a stupid creation - no gore,no multilations,dumb atmosphere,sometimes bugs occur like hell and you get nervous for nothing.Now i installed Mount and Blade - it's a good creation,at least good old medieval times,not some imaginable-no-point-stupidness like Enclave,well now,Enclave got some good benefits - it's not that all trashy,but for some reason...i don't like that thing...

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:47 pm

New gameplay video of Elveon in Pre-Alpha State of 2007.

Font: You can download the big quality video here

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_6917_en.html

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fK61OHi4VsM

The game still in developement by the studio have changed from 10tactle studios bratislava to Climax Group.

Edward Sassenach
Whelp

Postby Edward Sassenach » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Enclave is a relatively old game-2003.I've played that many times.
Its kind of arcade and the most important is as it said in their manual it is designed for archery.They have all the kind of arrows and bolts-poisoned,flaming,sniper,exploding or crossbows which can launch up to 8 bolts at once.Anywhere they have not got funds and abandoned 'Enclave 2'-so the whole thing is over for good.

Mount and Blade was a beta-project up to version 0,903-current.Inn-keepers dialog ,inability to destroy factions,etc all was due it beta-stage.
Now, they have got funds from Paradox Interactive and started to work on real game which would be out this year.And that would have many more elements we used to see in real games.Anywhere it is fairly different from Severance.You got only one life-no healing by potions,
fighting is not some dance of swords,as in Severance,- not at all.The game is oriented on horse-riding and have strategic and tactical elements due the use of troops under your command.
In both cases the games are as far from Severance as it goes

P.S. What makes Severance an unique game of its kind is implemented
fencing system,achieved by hitting different tangents,while other games are simple mouse-mashing ones.

bodfan
Dragon

Postby bodfan » Tue May 13, 2008 3:12 am

Did anybody try "way of the samurai", it's on both PS2 and PC. From what I read, it seems similar to BoD?

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Tue May 13, 2008 11:05 am

You can take a look at the acquire games here.

http://www.acquire.co.jp/index_e.html

But I think that all of them are for PS2.

elyorch
Hatchling

Postby elyorch » Sat May 31, 2008 9:50 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by esfumato</i>

New gameplay video of Elveon in Pre-Alpha State of 2007.

Font: You can download the big quality video here

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_6917_en.html

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fK61OHi4VsM

The game still in developement by the studio have changed from 10tactle studios bratislava to Climax Group.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It's a pity that the only game that looked similar to Blade is having so much problems. Probably with the new developer the game will lose its original feeling and become another mouse-masher.

sirocco
Hatchling

Postby sirocco » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:28 am

I must have played this game 20 times over the past 6 years. The reason I keep going back to it is the same as all you guys, there just isn't anything to match it for realistic fighting. The closest I've found is probably Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. The graphics are great and its quite atmospheric but skill required and moves available just don't compare to BOD. There is nothing more satisfying than hacking the arm and leg off an evenly matched opponent after a hard fought battle, when will other game makers take note.

brian
Dragon

Postby brian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:01 am

Not to mention taunting enemies by throwing their dead comrades arms and legs and heads back at them[:D]

Welcome sirocco[:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:48 am

My fav is wacking an enemy and drinking his potion before he hits the ground.[:p]

sirocco
Hatchling

Postby sirocco » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Nice to know there are still fans of this game about. Sick of seeing games like 'God of War' being touted as combat games when they are just button mashing rubbish. So what can we do about it, I mean is there any game makers we could bombard with e-mails about the merits of BOD? Anyone know where the guys from Rebel Act ended up?

brian
Dragon

Postby brian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:12 am

I don't think there are enough of us to get a developer's attention.
As for the Rebel Act team, I don't know what happened to them.

Our only,(and therefor best), chance seems to be Elveon. But that title is having problems of its own I think.

I just wish <b>Ultimate Blade of Darkness</b> for the Xbox had been finished.[:(]

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:06 am

People from rebel act wento to mercurysteam and digital legends but not all of them

sandro
Hatchling

Postby sandro » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 am

Guys, you should check out SEGA's Golden Axe : Beast Rider. It's freaking awesome. Read the gripes from most of the fan boys. Sound like the biggest bunch of retards whose only delight in the originals were kicking the gnomes LMFAO! What a bunch of losers, the game looks awesome and there's a leaked gameplay vid on google somewhere. Fast and furious and GORE! But seems only for PS3 and XBOX. I think we should petition for a PC version! Seriously, google it. It's what we've all been waiting for. Due out this fall apparently.

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Looks interesting but i need to see a really gameplay video of that new golden axe for make a good jugdement

Yvan98
Dragon

Postby Yvan98 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:07 pm

If you not want to wait...

You should give a try to Age of Conan!

It's an Action RPG game for PC that got many different class of character and you can create your own. You can play online and the gameplay seem to be like BOD since you got total control of each hit you are doing and there also a big list of 'combo'.

If you are interest, you can check this 2 video...

Online play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL0hyZGpnkw

Combat Training with a host:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe8qGltuL5Q

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”