An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

caravel
Whelp

Postby caravel » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:20 pm

It's a shame that the bod control system never migrated into other similar games, but this was because of constant criticism by the fps and tomb raider clone fans, because bod was different it got slated by these unimaginitive types. Does anyone have a problem with the lack of strafing in BOD? I don't, never missed it. I prefer the 'double click' run as well to holding down a key. There is no game that 'handles' like bod, this is why I've now abandoned first and third person (and most other) games completely.

cyco
Dragon

Postby cyco » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:12 pm

I've just started Shadow of Rome today, and I must say that it would be the most similar game to BOD, so far... Cutting arms, decapitating enemies and running away with their body parts to throw them at someone else's face!
Bloody massacre, double hands weapons, masses, gladius, hacks, bows etc… (Some good ameliorationsons)
So many common points and common weapons to BoD, every one should look at it!!
The only problem for some of you guys, sadly it exists only on PS2… But still good to be tried!

Pittfiend
Hatchling

Postby Pittfiend » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:39 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

I suppose you could get used to the KOTT controls eventually. But to me it was a bit like riding a bike while sitting backwards on the handlebars.[B)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes I just played the demo and I have to agree. It has what I call, Prince Of Persia / Sands of Time controls with the same sort of camera dealie. I don't mind the camera and the conrols are ok. It's definitely a bit awkward. Some of the moves are neat. Has good graphics. Don't like the save system but that seems to be the typical bullcrap nowadays. Ah well, if I see it for a decent price I might buy it. There certainly isn't much else to buy in the way of fantasy RPG that isn't some Massive Online thing or some Strategy whatever. meh.

That Rome game looks cool. Unfortunately I don't have a PS2. :/

mikros
Dragon

Postby mikros » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:08 pm

The combat system of Zelda for N64 is similar to Blade (or viceversa) XD

And fortunately we still have the good old hack and slash games.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:57 pm

More Dungeon Lords info.[:)]

The control system has been published on the site. I all sounds very iffy to me, the combat stuff in particular.[:(] But WTH do I know, it may turn out to be brilliant.[:D] (I think not)

Also I have seen that clip again and it appears to me that the Player char was definately left-handed.[:0]

bladde
Whelp

Postby bladde » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:36 am

yoo pro what is all about this dungeon lordg game,i want to know more

http://www.dungeonlordsgame.com/main.php

Jgun
Whelp

Postby Jgun » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:30 pm

Bought God of War for PS2. As it turns out (and as I believe I mentioned here before) the game is nothing at all like BoD. This isn't to say that the game blows, it is actually really great, just that the combat and gameplay is not at all like BoD but more like Devil May Cry and other typical "beat 'em up" games.

caravel
Whelp

Postby caravel » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:38 pm

The new hack and slash type game from the Creative Assembly. Spartan Total Warrior based is on the popular Total War series: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7800/SEGA ... l-Warrior/

Demo video: http://www.gamershell.com/news/21070.html

CA have produced some qualitly titles in the past. There is speculation that this could be their big flop, as Rome: Total War, though graphically superb, was lacking in gameplay and has some serious unresolved bug issues. leading to, most likely false, <i>rumours</i> that the devs are getting sloppy. Could be good, bad or just average, but it's only going to be for the console markets. Inclduing XBox, which is a pc anyway though...

Eddie
Whelp

Postby Eddie » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eddie</i>

There can be only one...BoD, Enclave is S#1TE! Learn to live with it and play the mods, They are excellent and are very creative interpretations of the original.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I WUZ 'ERE!

Hi to all, specially my cherie klaws <3[:I]

klawz
Whelp

Postby klawz » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:19 am

in fact Enclave is not so bad, I think the problem lies your abillities as a gamer, cherie. or should I say lack of abillities?
PS:love you too, cherie.

Dericious
Whelp

Postby Dericious » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:25 am

Same post that i wrote on that other thread, but it is far more likely that people will this here...

i'd recommand trying gothic 2.It has quite a neat fighting system even thought its far less complex than one in bod.Still it is a very wonderfull game.

Also you could try Jedi knight 2: the jedi ourcast and Jedi knight: the jedi academy.Both have WONDERFULL sabercombat. you can even play them online, like i do.Naturally if you are not a sw-fan this might not be very good suggestion.

About the games we bod-fans should look for:

1). Gothic3 .Devs are going to improve the combat to be even more rewarding ie more fighting styles etc..

2). Elder Scrolls - Oblivion is said to be quite realistic in terms of how combat is handled.

I find it quite cool that rpgs are merging "bod elements in themselves more and more".In other words it means less dice rolling more control to the player.'

Also if suggestions to those far older games are allowed.The one special game which I liked very much was called "Bushido blade".It is for playstation 1. Sure its quite unlikely that anyone will find that game unless warezing it or buying it second-hand..still i think the game is worth mentioning as it had very realistic swordfighting system, in fact the most realistic i've seen in games.

yak
Whelp

Postby yak » Fri May 06, 2005 7:52 pm

Just saw a trailer for the Witcher. Looks pretty good and the environment and fighting scenes are somewhat similar to BoD, I think, but you never know.
ign.com has a trailer video so see what you guys think.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/682/682220/vids_1.html

cyco
Dragon

Postby cyco » Tue May 10, 2005 12:49 pm

I've been watching over that game since almost one year, and I dont know if it would comes out once... Since 2oo4, it says on the internet that it should comes out during the year... and the year has past... and... still nothing!!
So I'm not sure this game's gonna comme out at any time!!

yak
Whelp

Postby yak » Wed May 11, 2005 1:46 am

I've read somewhere that it's gonna come out in 2006, so...

Jgun
Whelp

Postby Jgun » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:22 am

Game out here called "Mount and Blade". Not BoD style combat but honestly the next best thing I have ever played. A great value, give it a try. >>> http://www.taleworlds.com/

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”