An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

ICBM
Hatchling

Postby ICBM » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:30 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by caravel</i>

The new hack and slash type game from the Creative Assembly. Spartan Total Warrior based is on the popular Total War series: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7800/SEGA ... l-Warrior/

CA have produced some qualitly titles in the past. There is speculation that this could be their big flop, as Rome: Total War, though graphically superb, was lacking in gameplay and has some serious unresolved bug issues. leading to, most likely false, <i>rumours</i> that the devs are getting sloppy. Could be good, bad or just average, but it's only going to be for the console markets. Inclduing XBox, which is a pc anyway though...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hmm to much Prince of Persia style BS imho, where the ENGINE controls your moves and not you pressing keycombinations. I hate that crap, >I< want to cut of that guy's head with a combo or precision sword move, not by pressing a few buttons and see your character suddenly climb the wall, wipe his ass, jumps behind him and cut his troat while doing a fooking cartwheel...

Hate that...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:17 pm

Not being able to play BOD, I dug out Thief: The Dark Project, which I never really got into. Nice game, but as usual, the combat lets it down.(better than most but still clunky[:(]). Then I remembered Thief3
was supposed to be a vast improvement. I never got it as I think it won't work on win98, but as I will soon have XP I might give it a try.
(if only to steal ideas from it for BOD maps.[:p])

Anyone reccommend it?[;)]

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:50 pm

Thif 3 is not imo a great game but is not bad, in it you don´t have combat with swords because if you try be a hero with the guards you are [xx(], is a game were the shadows are your friend, the problems with the game are in the engine department, like some slowdowns even in good machines, big loading times between the levels, and they are not so big and some problems in the Havok physics. But for the Splinter Cell fans it will be good to play.

So i only reccommend it to the SC fans, but not for a BOD fan.

caravel
Whelp

Postby caravel » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:23 pm

Thief was never about combat, it's not a BoD game. It's a 'sneaking and robbing' game, and a very good one at that. It's best played on the expert level, where you can't kill anyone and have to achieve more goals to complete the missions. The game is let down by some tedious levels with the zombies and "burricks". But the Hammerite prison, thieves guild and most of the other later levels are superb. Thief 2 is widely acclaimed as being better still.

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:06 pm

I found an Unreal Tournament 2004 MOD that have a very good looking, it will have 6 different races each one with 5 different classes (Including wizards and fighters) each one with different and special atributtes.

It's called THE SOULKEEPER

It have some similities to BOD like melee combat will be at 3rd person view and spells and bows will be at 1st person view, also it will have SHIELD BLOCKING!.

LINKS

Article at PC GAMER
Interview with Project Leader

SCREENSHOTS
ImageImageImage

More screenshots Here

Axle Stone
Whelp

Postby Axle Stone » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:23 am

And i just played RPG Dungeon Lords ( from Dreamcatcher and Heuristik Park). Combat system are very nice, but there are no blood, like in Great BOD.

Jgun
Whelp

Postby Jgun » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:38 am

Dungeon Lords was a gigantic piece of crap.

bojan
Hatchling

Postby bojan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:46 am

Hey guys, i`ve played bod since it came out but I never thought of looking on the net for other guys that played it. Anyway in my opinion this game is unique because of its gameplay(the style,speed and quality of playing is determined by the player and gear, not by skills) that is more realistic than any other RPGs or MMORPGs. My biggest wish is that some company makes a sequel that is more RPG based,not like blade`s adventurous style(level after level)but more like World of Warcraft`s quests and world exploration style. Now wouldn`t that be a really cool game?

Lachlyn
Hatchling

Postby Lachlyn » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:57 am

WOW!!! Nice find there, esfumato! SoulKeeper looks to have some great potential. I for one will be watching out for it. :)

Lachlyn
Hatchling

Postby Lachlyn » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:08 am

BTW, for us fans of non-MMO hack-n-slashers, I would highly recommend "Conan" and "Knights of the Temple", by TDK.
Especially KoTT! I had fun with both games. KoTT has deeper control of weapon moves, though. It can be quite challenging.
(And KoTT 2 is on the way, also.) Those PC games aren't released in US, but I found them on Ebay, from Britain, for like $5-$7! I also agree on Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion being something I am highly anticipating. I totally loved Morrowind.:)
I was also addicted to Bushido Blade and Bushido Blade-2 back in the day. VERY absorbing swordplay!

Lachlyn
Hatchling

Postby Lachlyn » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:13 pm

OK...I see KoTT and Conan have been discussed to death. :( Sorry. Just found this site last night and didn't have time to read all 17 pages before I posted. Just take my post as a vote for the games noted. :)

Lachlyn
Hatchling

Postby Lachlyn » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:17 pm

Hmmm....I see these guys go down a lot of 'alleys'. This is a year old, I wonder what happened with this?
http://www.n-page.de/index.php?page=art ... ne&seite=2

Lachlyn
Hatchling

Postby Lachlyn » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm

Oh, if any do email Xavier, might want to offer him congrats on his new daughter.:)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=
http://www.aaeea.com/actualites/carnet/ ... 50125&prev
=/search%3Fq%3DXavier%2BCarrillo%2BCosta%26start%3D30%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Stoneskin
Hatchling

Postby Stoneskin » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:22 pm

o.k-stubmled upon this game by mistake but man it looks sweet!
check out the downlods section-real cool video footage.
kind of makes u think how would computer games will look in say 10 years...

http://projectoffset.com/game.html

Gorgon2
Whelp

Postby Gorgon2 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stoneskin</i>

o.k-stubmled upon this game by mistake but man it looks sweet!
check out the downlods section-real cool video footage.
kind of makes u think how would computer games will look in say 10 years...

http://projectoffset.com/game.html
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Woah! The video is nothing short of phenomenal [:0] Definitely one to keep an eye on.

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”