catacombs-that one door upstairs

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
PYRO@13
Whelp

catacombs-that one door upstairs

Post by PYRO@13 »

<font color="red"></font id="red"><font color="purple"></font id="purple"><font color="teal"></font id="teal"><font color="limegreen"></font id="limegreen">oky-doky. do yalls know anything about that big locked door above the catacombs in the section with the book shelves - not the library.its a big locked door. can you get in or os it just there for show?[:I][8D]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I have never found a way through it so I guess its just for show unless it lead to a part of the level that was removed for the release version. One thing I did notice with Drakan was the early screenshots of Ravenshold show several buildings in the background behind Rynn but they aren't there in the final game. Guess these were cut out at the last minute during development along with whatever was behind that door.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I suspect that it would've been a library to house some of the books the devs were planning to incorporat into gameplay to unfold the various histories of Drakan. I used a glitch to get inside the Monastery from the roof, which allowed me to go inside that room. There was nothing- not even a floor, but that isn't conclusive... because when you glitch inside of a structure in Drakan, sometimes there are very odd spatial weirdnesses- invisible floors, the ability to walk through walls... I walked right up to the Grand Savant's face because the table wasn't there, for example.
So... I think it would've housed books, but because the budget (time and money) was cut short near the end of D:TAG's production, books, among many other things were scrapped.
There were supposed to be sea monster foes, desert dwelling lizard riding knights... look up Drakan concept art on Google or Google's image search function to see some of the abandoned ideas.

PYRO@13
Whelp

Post by PYRO@13 »

I just tried that and it didnt work.(the google thingy)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

PYRO@13
Whelp

Post by PYRO@13 »

Thanks man.[:D]