A 3rd Drakan?

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Snotmaw
Dragon

A 3rd Drakan?

Post by Snotmaw »

Hey does anyone know if they are planing on making a third drakan? That would be cool.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I don't think there will be another game but however Surreal currently have 3 games in development one of which is definitley a LOTR game so it may be possible that one of the other two is another Drakan game. I don't see how they could make a good story for a 3rd sequel as the series was pretty much closed at the end of TAG in my opinion, unless they revolve the game around new characters set a good number of years after TAG.

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

Oh thanks. I hope that one of the two new games is another Drakan. As long as it has a good storie to it.

Brekk
Dragon

Post by Brekk »

As much as I hate it there probably won't be another Drakan. But the Lord of the Rings game that Surreal made is a really great game, but it is way too short!

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

Yeah I don't think there will be another drakan. [:(]

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

yeah lotr2 was awesome but the first one was pathetic the graphics really sucked compared to what they could've done I wonder what the third one will be like that is if they make a third one

Edge Hog
Whelp

Post by Edge Hog »

Some one told me that there is gonna be a drakan 3 but itz gonna be under a new name. like myst and exile or whatever[8D][:D][:)][^][|)][:o)][;)]

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

who said that?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It might be Drakan online - that had to have a name change due to copyright reasons. Sony won't allow other developers besides Surreal to make games based on Drakan or any of its characters so they had to base the game in an entire new world. (Drakan online is not developed by Surreal you see)
The game was orignally going to be set in the time between the end of the Dark Wars and the PC game.

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

is it offical?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Sort of. Its been in development for ages and its unlcear whether it will be an add on for Drakan:OOTF or a standalone product; originally it was to be a free mod but its more probable that it will be a full blown comercial product.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

a drakan online would be awesome

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The game formerly known as 'Drakan online' was showcased at E3, the world the game is going to be set in is called Daevin or something like that. The game title is still unclear but it won't have any resemblance to Drakan although I bet there will be similarities. The game engine they are using is based on the Drakan TAG engine but its been upgraded and adapted for the PC and will make use of modern graphics cards.

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

cool. Where do u get that info?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

There was an article on it in a PC mag when they came back from E3. Also Duncan and Tom (ex surreal employees who are making the game) have put up a ton of screenshots from E3 over at www.surreal-news.com