I is a brane!

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
savagehorizon
Hatchling

I is a brane!

Post by savagehorizon »

I'm having a bit of trouble with the part where you have to open up those secret doors in Surdana. I got the one in the blacksmith's shop opened and then my brain shut down and I don't know where to go from there. Spoil the storyline, go ahead! [:D]

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

In the house where you killed the spiders for that guy in Surdana, there's a room downstairs with a wall that looks a bit off from the rest. Hit it with a sword or fireball and it'll crumble to reveal a lever. Pull it and go back upstairs. Look by the fellow's bed and you'll see a door. Go to it now, and it should open to reveal another lever to pull. Get thee hence to Brekk the Blacksmith's shop and the door by the crates should open for you. Hey, another lever... You gonna pull it?
You'll have to wait 'till a good bit later in the game to go any further with it, so... that'll do for now.
Say, savagehorizon... you were looking for pictures of the Flesh Mage, yes? I haven't found a screenshot of him as he appears in the game, but if you go to the Surreal homepage and click on the section for Drakan: The Ancients' Gates, find and click the 'Media' button up at the top of the page and then click 'Concept Art', you'll find a concept drawing of Yutaji that's even creepier than he is in D:TAG!!

savagehorizon
Hatchling

Post by savagehorizon »

Thanks, I found the final room out of sheer dumb luck. I was prepared to go to the Valley of the Fallen, so I'm pretty far into the game. So I got the stuff in the room and wasn't too impressed with it (oh well!)

I did get these three fooked up stones in the Valley of the Fallen and I dunno what to do with them. This is my third time playing the game and I've *never* seen them before. The skeletons all came out of the ground and I went, "AHH!!" and hauled butt back to the dragon and took off, and then sonic blasted dem bones (I *LOVE* the sonic blast, I've never gotten it before)......so yeah I need a little help with the stones because this crap is NOWHERE in my walkthrough.

Oh, and I found the concept art on Surreal's website. Thanks though! I find it kind of funny that 75% of that artwork was NOT in the game. I guess that's why it's called "concept" art. Such teasing!

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

There's a place where you can put them in the Desert of Tears (Valley of the Fallen). You'll get the flame sword and a plenty of assasins.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

If you really have trouble with it, Savage, I can tell you pretty exactly. Let me know if you can't get it. Hint: three stones, three locations. Do you remember where you found them? What distinguishing features did that location have? Those questions may help you place at least two of them. The other requires an intrepid explorer.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

One of the you leave on pedestal in Wartok Base (Valley of the Fallen). Second one near Gothraul's (or whatever his name is) throne,which is also in the Valley of the Fallen, and the last one somewhere at the beginning of the Valley of the Fallen. In the desert of tears you will get the flame sword.