special quests

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
PYRO@13
Whelp

special quests

Post by PYRO@13 »

what special quests can you do that not many gamers know about?Or other special items?<font color="purple"></font id="purple">

PYRO@13
Whelp

Post by PYRO@13 »

nevermind. that was dumb to ask.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

There are a few of the I potions which (I think) are routinely missed.
There's an Invulnerability potion in one of the lava pits in the Andrellians that has a hidden ramp down to it, another Invulnerability potion around the side of the map in Gothraul's area, and an Invisibility potion in the left-hand eye of the skull of the Necropolis in Stratos, accessible via ledges.
There's the Bitter Touch sword in Surdana's Mushroom caves that a lot of people miss because the ramp down is hidden in much the same way as the lava area mentioned earlier.
If you never go to Jade's because you decided not to use Magic, you could miss out on the Necromancer quest to retrieve the Gravestone from Khassa Vole. Jade gives you that mission after you complete the Monastery. The decidedly special Lastat's Blade is there, sticking out from a tree. Easy to miss, but being Vampiric, it's one of the hotter weapons in the game.
Most available plot-related stuff is known, although it's a staggeringly full game and new stuff is still occasionally found.

PYRO@13
Whelp

Post by PYRO@13 »

I seen you mention before something called the clineshmidt or something. (Anything that has the word shmidt in it always catches my attention.[:D]) anyway, what is that?[:I]

PYRO@13
Whelp

Post by PYRO@13 »

Nevermind*listens to echo*[:0]

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Sorry!
The Clineschmidt blade is a groovy vampiric sword gained by solving the puzzle of the stones in the north country territories, the ones with the red dots, circles and direction markings on them.

The guys programming the game repeated the fourth one, leaving the fifth out, so the solution would have to be guessed at partially.

SPOILERS:
The code to get the Clineschmidt blade should be entered by pressing the directional 'buttons' on the outside of the skeleton statue with the horns in the ravenshold area. The letters stand for directions, and the statue faces east. Press S-E-E-W-S-N-N-S and a door on the nearby cave should open. Take a swim and you're swingin' the 'Schmidt!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Also find references on the D:TAG forums to the 'Sweet Spot' and the 'Valley Warp' for shaking up the linearity of the game.