How do the cheat codes work?

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
buckmana
Dragon

How do the cheat codes work?

Post by buckmana »

I'm now on my second playthrough of this game.

And I realised my points won't get high enough <i>before</i> I go to Stratos, at which point collecting them is useless, because you can't buy anything once you attain them.

So I tried to use the spell level cheat to upgrade them.

But I can't quite get it to work.

According to gamespot (note, I only included the codes I want to use), this is what you have to do:

During gameplay, hold L1 + R2 + L2 + R1 (in that order) and then enter the following:
Cheat

Square, Triangle, Circle, X, Right, Down, Left, Up (Increase Character's Level)
Up, Down, Left, Right, Right, Left, Down, Up (Increase Spell Level)
Circle, Square, Right, Left, X, Triangle, Down, Up (Get $10,000)

I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly, because all Rynn does is call Arokh and pull out/sheath her sword.

Does anyone know how to use them properly?

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

You have to press and HOLD the shoulder buttons in that order, but KEEP them pressed when you input the other bits of sequence. There should be a sound or words will be shown, depending upon which code you enter... if it's done correctly.

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

cool i wondered that too.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's rumored that once you put the god mode cheat on, it can't be switched off. I can't confirm this though so I'd keep a save before you activated the cheat just in case.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Who wants to be invulnerable anyway? It takes all the fun out of it.

Maybe you'd better talk me through this step by step. I still can't get it to work. I know what the actions are, but I'm uncertain if I'm using the right buttons/controls.

Does Up/Down/Left/Right refer to the analog moving stick or the arrow keys above/to the left of that?

When you press the L/R keys to enter the code, do you hold them all down or one by one?

To stop Rynn performing the actions, I bring up the inventory screen. Could that cause the code to fail?

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Up, down, left and right are the D-pad (the buttons with the directional arrows).
The joystick doesn't work.
As for the shoulder buttons (R1, R2, L1 and L2), you press and hold them one by one in the sequence you outlined in your first post, and when they're pushed, hold them until you're done inputting the code using the face buttons (D-pad and square, circle, triangle and X).

I don't think the inventory screen will bother anything unless you do it in the middle of putting the code in!
Good luck getting that to work for you.
Try the code for all magics and put it in three times. You'll have ALL third level magics. Your mana won't regenerate as quickly as if you had those points, but that's what the money code is for... to buy infinite potions!!

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I don't know the code for all magics.

I'd prefer just to up the spell level.

And I'm at level 6 magic. It regenerates pretty fast at that level!

You've won the Lottery!

You're a bit older and a bit wiser.

I used this one to get the two remaining spell points I needed. I'm now at level 8 magic. But it doesn't seem to work again after getting Rynn to level 12 experience.

Thank you everyone for your help! [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

bruce
Hatchling

Post by bruce »

How come the increase level cheat dosent work after level 12. I dont get it.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

You can only level up so many times. That, plus the three points you start with (1 in archery, melee, magic) lets you only get so far. If you want to use cheats, I recommend the magic cheat three times in a row to have all magics at level 3, and then apply 8 and 5 points respectively to your major and minor of either melee or archery.
Claro?

bruce
Hatchling

Post by bruce »

Thanks man.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

8^D