Widescreen hack and some other fixes aka AiO Patch

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.

Moderators: Arokhs Twin, mage150, yangez93

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: Widescreen hack and some other fixes aka AiO Patch

Post by UCyborg »

I'd like to add some touch-ups some day, like change the patch DLL so it's no longer implemented as dinput.dll proxy (or proxy for any existing DLL used by the game) and nothing is done from DllMain (it's just not proper, but convenient until you know better), add the ability to use dedicated saved games folder on modern Windows versions, add ASI plugin loading support and maybe something else that slipped off my mind.

Unfortunately, I got a job back in 2019 and after daily staring at the screen for 8+ hours a day and dealing with customers' crap, there's hardly any energy left. That much staring at the screen is bad enough on its own.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Widescreen hack and some other fixes aka AiO Patch

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Welcome back. Totally understand the job situation and staring at a screen all day putting up with customers shit; I've had plenty of that in my past jobs :)
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair