is it possible to delete "FIRE PUZZLE FROM HELL"?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Navaros
Whelp

is it possible to delete "FIRE PUZZLE FROM HELL"?

Post by Navaros »

every time i play thru Drakan - there is only one spot in the entire game where i *MUST* cheat

it is on the quest for the Bellhammer, when you have to collect the Rune Crystals for the Altar.

for one puzzle, the only solution is to walk past the shooting fire as it rotates across the different holes, to get to the crystal in the middle

i find this puzzle to be almost impossible. the first time i played the game, it literally took me several THOUSAND tries to get thru it w/o cheating.

after that, i have had to use the God-mode cheating every single time. i hate that "puzzle". it is not even a real puzzle in my opinion. it's just sheer stupidness on the part of the developer.

so the question is, can Drakan be modded so as the flames in that particular point in the game stop functioning?

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

There is a way to do that... I could if you really wanted it :) MAYBE it is posible to make it without killing your MP even.

nubby
Whelp

Post by nubby »

Oh, come on now...there is only one ring of fire that you actually have to jump across (side-flip when the flame goes out) you might take a little damage. But the others? There are ways to get the crystals without getting burned![:D][:D][:D]

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Yup, true. But if someone asks for MODs, I am standing ready :)

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

this game was pretty easy for me.

Navaros
Whelp

Post by Navaros »

you guys obviously either have very poor memories, or you never beat Drakan without cheating

this one fire puzzle is almost IMPOSSIBLE. i am NOT talking about the side-jumping. that's easy. i can do that in ONE try.

i guarantee that none of you have any *easy* or reasonable way to get past this puzzle that i am talking about. i bet if any of you tried it right now, it would take you *AT LEAST* 500 tries to walk thru, but more likely, double or triple that

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

My dear friend. I never cheated when I was playing the game. You probably missed something. If I had difficulties, they were because of the enemies, not because of the puzzles. I played this level again a week ago. These puzzles are easy.

nubby
Whelp

Post by nubby »

Well, it's not a puzzle. 500 tries? The fire is supposed to prevent you from getting that crystal...walking thru? Do you find jumping twice across the smashing blocks in the flame fortress easier?[:0]

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

Alwarren is before the flame fortress.

Navaros
Whelp

Post by Navaros »

dark master - why don't you tell me *exactly* what crystal i'm talking about, and how you get thru it so easily. if every one of us can not do exactly what you say in response to that, and repeat your success, then that is 100% proof that you are just spouting hot air (no pun intended)

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

I'll play it tomorrow and tell you how exactly I did it. I am being honest I found the cheat codes after completing the game.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

Crystal1: There is not much fire around it and you can jump on the block.
Crystal2: there's fire all around the crystal, so you have to push a block, then walk on it.
Crystal3: There's fire shifting. You have to be very quick. I start to run when a break next to one I'm trying to go through opens. (patience needed).
Crystal4: You have to jump over the fire, using one of the blocks.
Crystal5: You have to put fire out using water nearby.
Crystal6: Push a piece of a column and it will throw the crystal out of the fire circle.

Navaros
Whelp

Post by Navaros »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dark Master</i>

Crystal3: There's fire shifting. You have to be very quick. I start to run when a break next to one I'm trying to go through opens. (patience needed).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

that doesn't work. doesn't matter how quick you are. i am quick, and my coordination is impeccable. no matter what, it is not possible to run thru that without either cheating or receiving an incredible act of God which allows you to miraculously make it thru.

if you wish to dispute this point, you are gonna have to be *A LOT* more specific on how you can do get thru this any time you want to.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

specific? How do you think I can explain it? it is POSSIBLE. invent your own "strategy". i never used cheats for this game.

Navaros
Whelp

Post by Navaros »

just as i thought, you're all hot air and no substance

you probably just copied that info from a walkthru and re-worded it into your own words LOL

you can't say how to do it, because there is *no* surefire or reasonable way to do it.