An interesting screenshot

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
ASSASSIN
Dragon

An interesting screenshot

Post by ASSASSIN »

Even if I take the obviously crappy quality of the art into consideration, I think that screenshot is impressive. ;) That's 1200 Drakan trees rendered at the same time. Just to show this project is still going... :D

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

hehe, I found it here too. LOL, Is an awesome piece of work, though!!![8D]

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

AXE finds me everywhere I post haha :D thanks yet again! :D

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Lots of distance... very much a feature of any Drakan game. Range and breathing room!

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

I'm planning to use a landscape manager that will (hopefully) let us use maps of any size. So, size will be pretty much infinite, I hope. :)

pox
Whelp

Post by pox »

Impressive!!!But i'm a little frightened by this image...i've got an old pentium II 400Mhz 64MB ram and a voodoo2 graphic accelerator...will this masterpiece work on my pc?

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Well, the game was tested on a P4 1.8GHZ pc with a 32MB graphics card... but that's by no means the minimum requirements - I want to make sure it runs on low-end PCs just as well. That said I'm not sure how much memory a Voodoo2 card has (my Voodoo3 had 16MB) - I have to draw a line somewhere. :) But, I hope it will manage to run even there.

pox
Whelp

Post by pox »

I really hope so,my video card has 12MB...my pc will probably be the ultimate test to estabilish minimun requrements....

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Well, you can always tune down settings to the ultimate minimum. Hope it will work... =) if not, just get a Geforce2 somewhere. It's darn cheap and has 32MB memory - and that testedly works, because I have a card of roughly that power ;)

pox
Whelp

Post by pox »

there are no more problem,i just bought a new pc!!!

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Good to hear that! :D Use it in good health. (Goes for all you, PC and Windowze.) ;)