multiplayer

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Ryuu
Hatchling

multiplayer

Post by Ryuu »

uuhm, hello, im kinda new to the drakan online stuff, and i modified my cfg file for the new master server and added the server ip's, but none is working, is this coming because they are not up? or something else? =/

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

The best way to see the servers is with Gamespy Arcade. Use the free version with Advertising, get it at www.gamespyarcade.com

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Also make sure this is your .cfg line

set MasterServerList "master.mplayer.com:27900,master.gamespy.com:27900"
set ServerQueryPort "27046"
set ServerGamePort "27045"
set Client_GamePort "27910"
set Client_QueryPort "0"

That I know of there could be 4 servers running!

Ryuu
Hatchling

Post by Ryuu »

well i tried that stuff too but it says: server not responding, i did the same in drakan too, it says they are good ip adresses, is it just theb becuase the servers are down?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I would not bother with the game's own server browser as it has problems with Windows XP and also because the old master server along with Mplayer went ages ago. Someone set up a new master server to replace it but this only stayed up for a year or so and then went leaving the only way to play by manually adding server IP addresses into Drakan.
Best thing to do is do what Axe suggested and use gamespy arcade instead.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

If your still having problems, it could be because of a firewall, router, or your provider blocking ports to your pc.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I would be interested in trying this if ever I can get it to work.

What do I have to do to host or join a game.

Please tell me exactly.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I replied to your other similar topic but to be brief, you are best using Gamespy Arcade which is free. However, not many people play the game now but depending on the time of day and your timezone, you should see a few players online.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arokhs Twin</i>

I replied to your other similar topic but to be brief, you are best using Gamespy Arcade which is free. However, not many people play the game now but depending on the time of day and your timezone, you should see a few players online.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Will Xfire work on the servers too, or is it only GameSpy?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Not sure I have never tried it. As long as it can read from the gamespy master server, I guess it should work.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Okay I've checked out Xfire, and it doesn't even support the game.. Now that's a shame, cuz Drakan is a really great game.. The creators of Eragon tried to remake Drakan, but still Drakan is much better than Eragon (that's what I think).

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Yeah, Eragon is not that great.

It's like Saphira (the dragon) is stuck in a groove on a record and just going around in a circle (or occasionally a figure 8).

You basically have a choice of left/right or high/low. That's it.

I prefer Drakan, where you can choose where to go or even to walk on the ground.