Drakan 2 for PC?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
ShoGun
Hatchling

Drakan 2 for PC?

Post by ShoGun »

Hey, I have just played out Drakan :D Wow, They should really make a sequell or something for the PC, with new graphic engine and the works. That would be so goddamn cool! :D
What do you think?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Many people have been asking the same thing but the only sequel is on the PS2. It was orginally to be a PC game but when Psygnosis was fully absorbed into Sony, it became a PS2 exclusive. There is no chance of a PC version happenimng now especially seem as Surreal is now part of Midway games as an in house developer.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

It would be cool... however AT is right. The chances of it happening are pretty slim, but it's a property that keeps making people happy, and if they had a clue, they'd repurchase the rights from $ony and get busy making what we all want.
True, this is a recurrent topic, but that is yet another indicator of that the interest remains for a set of well appointed, well-wrought games, (desite a few bugs and a few production aspects undercut due to time and budget constraints) and amounts to an unreserved "FEED ME!" from the fans who've supported them. May they see and respond with quality product!!

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

You right it could be nice on PC, but then somebody could make a Drakan 2 level for Drakan 1, if you know what I mean. One who is good to use the editor. Of course I don't say one HAVE to do, but one could do it. But still people rather wan't an original Drakan 2 for PC.

But if somebody want to make a Drakan 2 with the editor, then why not?. [;)]

- Master-Moe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

That would be good and a few have tried it making level series that continue the story of the original game but however don't have any connection with the official sequel. It would be possible to make something similar to Drakan2 with the same storyline on the PC using the editor but it would take a hell of a lot of time. Many great level series are never finished due to the amount of time that has to be invested in them. However, if all the mappers got together to make one single project based on the above idea...

BTW Assassin is working on a new game (not an add on level series) which he called PC Drakan2 but he had to change all names relating to Drakan for copyright reasons; even though it will be free. That should be finished soon.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Great. I can't wait till he's done...[;)]