Drakan Gold Pack

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Master-Moe
Dragon

Drakan Gold Pack

Post by Master-Moe »

I just got a good idea..

I've noticed, that all the stores don't sell Drakan anymore, well I thought if all the created levels (including single player lvls), were fixed by someone, so their were, not a mess... And then sell the whole game, plus the newest patch, plus all the single player levels, plus all the multiplayer levels, plus the created multiplayer levels, plus the all fixed databases, plus fixed bugs..

Then I think people would be more interested in buying Drakan... It's like a Drakan Gold Pack... or something like that [;)]

And more better, if someone made an expansion to the Gold Pack...
Like what would happen after Drakan Order of The Flame.. Like creating Drakan 2 with Drakan 1 Engine...

And even more better, if someone made an Drakan: Arokh and Heron mod, to the Gold Pack, that is about the past about Drakan...

Just some ideas... So what do u guys think?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Sounds a good idea but you would have to convince Sony to do it.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

My download ftp site, has all that, although in 4-5 downloads
. The Install webpage tells you how to install it all.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Can Sony not see the point in this? I mean, if it's money they want, they can earn some on this..

Axe, u mean http://www.drakan.co.nr ?

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Yes! When compiling the game folder for download, with all the added lvl's etc, it was too big for a cd. Nowadays it could be put on a dvd, but it would not install like the original cd, and get a registery input, that the 445 patch would reconize. Thats why its still in smaller downloads. The multiplayer folder works well as a seperate download; the single player levels are much different. Most are simple to install, but the bigger better levels that require adding database files to the common directory as well as there own folder, does not make for a simple download.

At one time I did make a registery file for Drakan, a few people had problems when installing the patch. This file, I feel, is a copyright issue, and thats why I did not freely have it for download. Since so much time has gone by, an Idea such as yours may be pratical, with a registery file included.

Meaning one big download, of complete game folder, and the registery file. Would be about 1 gig!

But is it practical, maybe not. My site still gets about 5 downloads a week, sometimes more. but there are too many issues with the game on todays pc's, well at least with the gforce bigger cards, and advanced sound cards that are out there now.

If Surreal the original producers, or one of the guys that designed it, were to make a patch, to fix the issues for newer machines, then add all the levels etc, and then set it up as a dvd release. Then that could be brought forward to Sony, and maybe released. But the odds of that happening is very little.

We will just have to keep this game around as a classic pc game, thats hard to find. Unfortunately, the size is such that it cannot be hosted on a bigger server, as the bandwidth usage is enormouse. I had it on one site, and limited who could download, with password, and the allowed bandwidth was exceeded each month within 5 days. Not a practical solution, thats why I run the extra pc, with the ftp. The added ip number is only $5 a month to have a dedicated line for it.[8D]

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AXE</i>

Yes! When compiling the game folder for download, with all the added lvl's etc, it was too big for a cd.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Then put some more cds in the package.. xD

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arokhs Twin</i>

Sounds a good idea but you would have to convince Sony to do it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

We need to draw their point of interest to this... They helped making this game, then they will also help improving it...

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Sony had no part of developing the original drakan. But I do see your point about a complete pack, rather than having to download portions. I will think this over, on how to do this. I would need a registery file for drakan, and the riot engine. Then it would be a matter of having ALL the material and lvl's compiled ito a working folder. I currently dont have all lvl's installed but could work on this for the next couple months.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Ok, I got the registery files, and have done all the downloads of extra levels I need for my compilation. Will work on it tommorow.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

OK, OK, Ok, I worked some more on it tonight. And finished it! Heres a part of the readme file!

Copy the Psygnosis folder and all its contents to

c:\Program files\

Open the drakan registery files, folder, and double click each registry value,
to enter them into your windows registery.

This contains,

the original cd installed
the 445 patch installed
the level editor 1.20 installed
All known Single player created levels
All known multiplayer created levels
the extracted mp3's from the cd
All known tutorials and example files to follow the documents provided
the drakan nude patch
Drakan 2 by SoL
Earlier Ages by Assassin

I have also included the registery files!

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Where can I actually download this pack? xP

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Yeah but when I click on the link "ftp://207.210.31.251" it says that the site can't be showed.. ??

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

it pops up a ftp login screen for me, which browser are u using?

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Internet Explorer, should I use another one? Firefox?