Drakan Gold Pack

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Hey all!
I've been thinking about using the Half-Life 2 Source Engine to remake Drakan: Order of the Flame. It's just that I'm not very good at programming, and it will probably never be finished...
Can you wait? :)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Assassin was working on something similar but a remake of Drakan TAG. Sony stopped his plans though due to copyright infringments so he has changed it to a similar game which if you just imagine its Drakan, it IS. Kind of. If you know what I mean.

Don't know if its still an active project though; I haven't heard from him for months.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Okay Axe, I tried with Opera Internet Browser and it works.. But the bad new is that it takes 9 hours to download :O !!! So if you had time one day, could you split the files in parts? Like: "Drakan Part 1" Where 20% of the game was in.. Or another way where one part contains the multiplayer files, another part the single player files (offcourse all the maps should be separeted in parts too)

You might be thinking it doesn't help, well it does help, an example: Today I will download Part 1 and 2 (which might take 1-2 hours.. And tomorrow (or tonight) I'll download part 3 and 4 etc... So instead of waiting 9 hours at once, then just wait 2 hours a day...

So if you have time, I would be happy to wait.. Some people just don't have the patience ((and I'm one of them =] ))

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

You must have tried it when server was turned down, too 15 k/s. Which is when I play BF2, all other times its set too share upto 60 k/s. Relative times are for the download, from what I have seen is, 9 hrs at 15 k/s or 3 hrs at 60 k/s.

Concerning breaking it up into smaller downloads: Some of the files etc. whithin the game do not like to be broken, and I have had problems making the zip file archive work when splitting it into 5 x 100 mb files.

Suggestion: Use a download Accelerator, that supports "resume", limit it too only a few connects, otherwise it hammers the server and your ip might get banned.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Okay nevermind, only took about 3 hours yesterday.. Great work Axe, this pack is really a great idea..