Multiplayer

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Master-Moe
Dragon

Multiplayer

Post by Master-Moe »

How come that no one never playes Drakan on multiplayer??

C'mon some one... Are there some "active" servers anyway?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's died off in the last two years as gamers move on to other games. I never play because every time I look, there is never anyone online...

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

same here.. But I sometimes I just look fast to see (and that's 2-3 times a day) but nobody is on..

Maybe a constant running server should come up..
hmm.. That is just giving me a new idea... Making a whole new multiplayer level, that's kinda like World of Warcraft, but much smaller... With npc, and shops and stuffs... Just with Drakan..
Whole Drakan in a level, but that would lag on most computers, so it must splitted up.. Like Mountains Region, Volcano Region and so on... What I'm saying is, that if we do it, much more Drakan players would play... It would be a Drakan Online Game...

I suggest calling the server **Drakan World** ... anyway.. Just a thought that is forgotten in a few days... So excuse me..

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

There was a project called drakan online but nothing ever came of it; I guess it had something to do with the Drakan franchise being absorbed into Sony i.e game rights etc. Here is one of the old sites I could find that is still working if you want to take a look. http://www.geocities.com/dotqpg/screensh.htm

Developer of the game (last updated 3 years ago) http://www.antartica.ac/what.htm

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Ohhh! we wanted DOTQ so much, and was let down by the developers. It was to costly, unless they sold the rights to the game that they made.

Such a shame, they aut to release it to us as a pay to play, I would!!!![8D]

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

sheesh! After all this Drakan withdrawl, so would I.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arokhs Twin</i>

There was a project called drakan online but nothing ever came of it; I guess it had something to do with the Drakan franchise being absorbed into Sony i.e game rights etc. Here is one of the old sites I could find that is still working if you want to take a look. http://www.geocities.com/dotqpg/screensh.htm

Developer of the game (last updated 3 years ago) http://www.antartica.ac/what.htm
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That's some trees I never have seen in Drakan.. Looks pretty nice though.. xD

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

If I can work out how to do it, I would be interested in giving it a shot.

I'm still trying to work it out.

Ask again in a week.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It no longer works from within Drakan as the master server no longer exists. You have to play via Gamespy Arcade or manually enter the server IP's into Drakan's game browser once you know what they are.
Welcome to the forums BTW!

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arokhs Twin</i>

It no longer works from within Drakan as the master server no longer exists. You have to play via Gamespy Arcade or manually enter the server IP's into Drakan's game browser once you know what they are.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That means, you can't play multiplayer from the game anymore?

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Well technachly its better to go through Gamespy. BUT, gamespy is now the masterserver, and we all have there line edited into the cfg file. You can use the drakan game multiplayer interface to show a standard server, but not one such as s-pb2.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Okay then I'll download Gamespy Arcade.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

You will need to modify your drakan.cfg file as well. See the tips and help page on the main site for instructions on this.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

I did that, but still I don't see any servers from the Drakan multiplayer list, only with the GameSpy

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

<b>Like I mentioned above, you will never see servers with the game's built in browser unless they are manually added even if the config file is edited. Servers will only show up in Gamespy.</b>

<b>This is because the original master server was taken offline years ago and the game's browser does not work with the new one.</b>

You can either double click on the server you wish to play on and that will automatically launch drakan or you can copy the IP addresses of the servers and manually add them to the game's browser. Note that IP addresses can change periodically.