Back to Drakan, again :-)

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Fafhred
Hatchling

Back to Drakan, again :-)

Post by Fafhred »

Well, I bought this game from original release in UK, and this is one of the few games I am keeping through the years.

I finished it twice so far, and figured that it was time to play it once more :-)
The way I remember it, it still outshines quite a number of recent games [:D].

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I know what you mean.
Oh, also... WELCOME, Fafhred!

When I first played it, I enjoyed it so much that I played it probably ten times in the various difficulties before going on to another game.

I think it stands the test of time and comparison because it's such a genuinely GREAT premise.
The story and execution helped, but the idea itself was completely stellar, and it's a mystery to me why the concept wasn't ripped off by several other game makers.

Fafhred
Hatchling

Post by Fafhred »

Thanks for the welcome :-)

The only thing which surprises me is that I did not find this website last time I played it, which was about 5 years ago.
The only other game I have replayed more than this is Half-Life (the original, also bought from original release. And yes, it was the same period).
I notice that this game seem to have mod, which I did not find the last time around.
When I am done replaying it, I will check out the mods.

Reading through a few posts, I notice that there is at least one of the original developers registered on this forum. Kudos to them :-)

Sageous
Hatchling

Post by Sageous »

:)

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

It's really a great game, and even moreso for dragon lovers.

I loved this game because it had personality and just something special that games now cmpletely lack.. I think it's just the general feeling you get from a great game.. like all games it could be alittle beter but I would say that Order of the Flame had the beter chance of loving it from the story, and also the ability to let the players create content themselves

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

heh - glad to see Sageous alive and back to Drakan forums again :) ... may be if economical crysis will kill damn $ony finally you can regain rights on Drakan and make more cool stuff for PC...

The_Dragon_Lord
Whelp

Post by The_Dragon_Lord »

rider i seem to be having some complcations maybe you can gimme a hand . i have th patch for yoour server installed and i know that the levels you host i have enless you edited them from there orignal in some way. because i can play them on other severs but when i try to join yours with the same lvl it pnly loads half way then says the file is invaild or corrupted which is crap any segestion on the problem? and how to fix would be a great help ..............TDL

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

TDL, was just on Spb2 and the lvl, NoWhere2b, for me gave corupt error, so I think need update those files, maybe. I finnaly got my router issues fixed.

Was just checking folder for multi, and I have a folder for , Nowhere, Nowhere2, Nowhere2a, and Nowhere2b. I see only Nowhere and Nowhere2b on ftp so assume, we got to many. 2b, does not have readme file, and reading an older one,

Installation:
unzip to \Drakan\Multiplayer\Ground\NoWhere2a\
If you wish to run this level on your server on a regular basis, edit your
Ground Only.lfl file and add the following line:
Multiplayer\Ground\NoWhere\NoWhere.lvl

Then should we not have a NoWhere2_b02 folder or place these files in the Nowhere2b and overwrite.

ERIS, I see you can connect, what are your folders showing?[8D]

The_Dragon_Lord
Whelp

its not just with that level it says it for every level and that nonsense i mean its hosting cliff the same time as alti's and i can jin his but not the sp2 .... and i have the patch mabye its vista or somthing being stupid aain

Sageous
Hatchling

Post by Sageous »

Heh - hey Andrey (Drakon Rider). I'd love to modernize the original engine (before the console port) and do something with the Drakan IP, but like you point out the IP is in the hands of Sony at this point :)

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I wonder what such a property would be valued at... if someone were willing to buy it?

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

and if it was structured and released somehow anonymously would they even notice?

The_Dragon_Lord
Whelp

axe thats hard to say maybe they would maybe they wouldent however if te engine was in fact brought up to date as Sageous wants to do it mght also remove alot of the problems that the engine has on the newer OS. which would infact be a good thing but it might be chancy so to speak.

Bregolas
Whelp

Post by Bregolas »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Installation:
unzip to \Drakan\Multiplayer\Ground\NoWhere2a\
If you wish to run this level on your server on a regular basis, edit your
Ground Only.lfl file and add the following line:
Multiplayer\Ground\NoWhere\NoWhere.lvl

Then should we not have a NoWhere2_b02 folder or place these files in the Nowhere2b and overwrite.

ERIS, I see you can connect, what are your folders showing?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi Axe and TDL, the reason it didn't work you need NoWhere2b, not 2b02, not 2a [;)]
For some reason there isn't any in 'Drakan MP' folder at the ftp, but it can be d/led from
ftp://files.drakan.ru/pub/NoWhere2b.zip - checked it right now, it works.

Sageous
Hatchling

Post by Sageous »

Don't get the wrong idea...I'm just curious - how many developers (that can make games) are in the drakan community?