mouse difficulties

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
okeee
Hatchling

mouse difficulties

Post by okeee »

(win xp)
The game is installed and the mouse was ok. I don't know why (didn't change any settings) but recently when the game was started, all of a sudden, the mouse has response issues at the game menu. When opening up the menu and hover to click "load game" for example, it goes very slowly, and the mouse must be move thoroughly. Adjusting the control sensitivity did not change anything, it did adjust control speed in the game. In the game, this response issue appears when zooming in using the bow and selecting the item menu. How could this be, it worked ok for a long time? Other games/ win explorer seem to work fine.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

What type of mouse it is? I mean is it some fancy one? That with it's own drivers?

okeee
Hatchling

Post by okeee »

No just a non-fancy optical mouse from Trust.

okeee
Hatchling

Post by okeee »

And the mouse has no drivers included.

okeee
Hatchling

Post by okeee »

When the pc was restarted, the mouse displayed ok again. But it happened again later, any idea what would cause this?

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

I do not know - I've never seen such problem with this game specifically. Do this happen only in Drakan?

okeee
Hatchling

Post by okeee »

Yes, I tried some other games but they were all ok.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

My guess is , video, Our new systems are to darn good for these older games. Try turning off all options within the riot engine. I'm guessin you are running win7, you should read the thread on that, as it creates an extra folder, use the search threads up top, and it will show a few things for ya to try. If you do solve the issue, plz post how to fix.

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

He is using windows XP so it should work. The only thing I can think of is turning off hardware acceleration for the mouse. Some games have a option in the menu that says something along the lines of hardware mouse cursor which you can enable / disable. Drakan does not seem to have this option but some mice enable you to turn off hardware pointer in their driver options.

As for windows 7 the game runs flawlessley on my AMD Phenom 2 system running Win7 X64.