Can only play Drakan un-patched in XP

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Lurkable
Hatchling

Can only play Drakan un-patched in XP

Post by Lurkable »

The only way I can play the game is using developer mode with an un-patched version of the game. If I install any patch and then run the game (developer mode or not) the first thing that pops up is an in-game dialogue box saying "this is not the correct game version for this area" and then the game crashes when I click "okay."

The reason I'm posting this is because I really want to play the game on "too hard" difficulty but the saved games in the downloads section won't work because they are for patched versions of the game.

If possible could someone post up a saved game for this difficulty from the beginning of a non-patched version of the game?

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

You get this error if the languages of the patch and game do not match. I guess seem as you are from the USA you are using the english version of the game so ensure you are using the english patch. Also ensure the game is an original retail copy; using the patch on downloaded and pirated versions of the game may give unpredictable results. The other reason could be your PC's localisation and / or language settings are wrong.

I'm surprised the unpatched version of the game works on XP. The patch is definitley needed to play online and add on levels.

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

My computer is winXP pro 64-bit.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm surprised the unpatched version of the game works on XP<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The unpatched version works only when I import a save from my older computer. None of the patched versions work even with the imported save no matter what.

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

That's normal. Save games from different versions and revisions of the game are not compatible with each other. If you originally played the game and then patched it none of your save games will work; you have to start over.