Solution for gamecrash after finding bell hammer!!

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
ew0ud
Hatchling

Solution for gamecrash after finding bell hammer!!

Post by ew0ud »

Hi!

I had the problem that my drakan game crashed over and over again after I found the bell hammer. When I walked through the gate and it starts to load a new level it would crash. I've tried almost everything but nothing seemed to be working.

Eventually I found the problem![:D]
When starting the game hold down shift to get the riot engine options window. For this crash don't bother starting in developers mode that doesn't help. Under 'rendering options' in the tab graphics is a box called 'enable Dithering'. In my case it was switched on, after switching it off I had no problem loading in my next level.

Extra info:

Win 7 ultimate x64
Ati mobility radeon HD 4500 series
updated the game to 445++

Just wanted to share this info with you all, I love to see that this forum is still active and that there are still people in the world who play this great game![8D]

Cheers!!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Thank you, ewOud!
I hope that is found to be an all-purpose workaround for that crash.
That would make so many people happy!

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

It is highly likely that crash is related to Freelook flag. Someone need to confirm this, but disabling freelook prior to transition screen than re-enabling it could be enough to pass the bug

Mady
Whelp

Post by Mady »

Hello.
I have the same problem as in the first post, but swiching off dose not help.
First I got trouble with the engine, so I downloaded the 455++
So, I got the 455++ patch, and the game worked fine until' I was going to the next level after the hammer, but when loading the next level the engine says that there is a error, like before downloading the 455++ in the beginnng of the game,

I found out:
1. You can't have the " Iamgod " cheat on.
2. if it still don't work, turn Arokh around, and go out with the tail first.

Rynry
Hatchling

Post by Rynry »

I have played to this point and am having the bell hammer crash. i have tried all of the above suggestions and none of them have worked... anyone have more suggestions?