Need help

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
driznar
Hatchling

Need help

Post by driznar »

Windows 7 Home Premium, latest update
On-board sound card, latest driver
ati 4890, latest driver.
build: 365/435

I cannot patch the game (cannot find all but the latest patch) (wrong file version error).

Does not run in normal or developer modes.

PS. Game difficulty selection crash

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The build number 365/435 seems odd is it a full retail copy or an OEM (bundle) you have got? I'm pretty sure the original version of the game without any patches is 365/375.

driznar
Hatchling

Post by driznar »

I'm looking at the disk right now.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I looked on google and there appears to be two versions of the game 365/435 & 375/435 so maybe one is retail and the other is a disk bundled with hardware (some were bundled with graphics cards) I just checked mine and its build 375/445 but I have patched it. It was 375/XXX before I patched it; sorry can't remember the last few digits before it was patched. Mine is a retail boxed copy. Yours might be an old version of the game that the patch does not support but I find this unlikley. The other explanation is its an OEM disk. Where did you get it from?

Don't know anything else about this sorry, anyone else have any ideas?