Patches

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Rynry
Hatchling

Patches

Post by Rynry »

I thought it would be nice to have a location for all the patches. all i could find was 455 and 455++. I would like to find the others to see if they may fix the bugs i am having. Is there someone where to find the old ones? (i have looked at the downloads page).

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The older patches will probably not work and you will have to start over as the save games are not compatible. The current official patch is 445 and the 'unofficial' is 445++ which for most people fixes a lot of bugs.

As for your problem with Alwarren, Shelim is the guy to speak to; he's the programing expert round here.

Rynry
Hatchling

Post by Rynry »

thank you for the information. i would not want to start over again... but i still have a crash after getting the bell hammer.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

If all else fails there is a savegame taken just after Alwarren on the downloads page if you need it.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Try to disable freelook in game options prior to leaving Alwarren (you can reenable it after that).

It seems that my workaround for Alwarren doesn't actually work as it should, and I'll need to do some more advanced research over it (previously I rushed it a bit ^^').

Mady
Whelp

Post by Mady »

The Engine and Alwarren problem can be fixed with the patch.
Make sure that you disabled the Dithering ( engine options ), I also enable the lens flare ( in game ), Your enemies will dissapear, but that will fix the engine bug and the game will not turn it self of while playing. There is still some grafic buggs, but the game will be working.
When u come to the Alwarren, the game will still turn off, a trick is to shot a fireball while going out with Arokh, or turning him around and go out with the tail first, it have worked for me, try it out after making the right options, patches installed on my game: the 442 ( I think it was 442,don't remember the name...) 444, and the new ++. Hope you get it working.

Rynry
Hatchling

Post by Rynry »

i have the patches i have disabled dithering, turned on lens flare, gone through backwards, shot fire balls, gone though backwards while shooting fire balls, and still it crashes..

Rynry
Hatchling

Post by Rynry »

Disabling "always free look with ryn" is in deed the solution even with dithering on and straight walking through!

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I don't know what else to suggest. Looks like you will have to download the savegame I mentioned earlier.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Okay, seems I have a lot more work with Alwarren ahead of me that I was aware of ^^;