How to Run Drakan on my New PC

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Ork020693
Hatchling

Post by Ork020693 »

well it would be good if they could.

i love simple games just like this.

Medal of honor heroes 2 was just the same.

thanks again for the help.

stuck on the part where you have to collect the 5 crystals, cant remember how to get to the lever which switches off the fire.. but i will find a way.

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

You might want to take a look at Divinity2: The Dragon Knight Saga, you get to play as a dragon later in the game and it's the closet thing to Drakan. It is acutally a sequel to a old top down RPG but you don't have to play the first game to understand the sequel.

Zuzana

Re:

Post by Zuzana »

Admin wrote:The game does not run on Vista / Win7 systems properly - you have to enable developer mode by holding shift whilst starting the game and then click on 'enable developer mode' on the developer tab in the riot engine options box that will pop up. Click OK then the game should run. Start a new game and select 'ruined village' from the list of levels to start the game. This process bypasses the intro cut scene that causes the crash. Also you need the 445 patch installed.

I love you, thanks a lot for this help!!! Finally I can play agaaaaiiin!

anarthul

Re: How to Run Drakan on my New PC

Post by anarthul »

I have a problem with installation, at the very beginning, sadly.
When I open autorun and click on install, it loads for a second and then nothing happens. If I do it again it just repeats. I've opened task manager to check out processes and for every time I clicked install there's a 32 bit setup launcher which doesn't do anything.
I have no idea how to surpass this, please halp...
I'm using windows 7 64bit

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

What are your system specs and game version?
Did you install patches, any 3rd party mods / patches etc?
Does the game language match your operating system language?

The game should work fine on Windows 7 64 bit so try disabling antivirus, running setup.exe instead of the autorun file and see if that works.

You will have to enable developer mode for the game to run after installation; see previous posts above.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

anarthul

Post by anarthul »

Arokhs Twin wrote:What are your system specs and game version?
Did you install patches, any 3rd party mods / patches etc?
Does the game language match your operating system language?

The game should work fine on Windows 7 64 bit so try disabling antivirus, running setup.exe instead of the autorun file and see if that works.

You will have to enable developer mode for the game to run after installation; see previous posts above.

Win7 ultimate 64bit
AMD Athlon 64X2
4Gig RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX
Game version is standard, no patches, no 3rd party mods.. as I said, I didn't even install the game, which is the reason I'm here.
Tried to disable avast shields and then try to install but again, it just opens 32 bit launcher in my processes in task manager. The same is when I try it from autorun and from setup.exe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hmm, those specs are fine. There's no issue I know of that causes the game not to install but you could try compatibility mode for XP or even Win 95/98. Try running setup.exe as an admin and see if that changes anything. Other than running a diagnostic utility to see why the process is hanging its a difficult one to troubleshoot.

One of the modders might know - I think someone had problems with a geforce card but seem as the game won't even install its unlikley to be a driver issue or a problem with graphics.

You can try the command sfc /scannow to check your windows .dll & system files have not been overwritten e.g by a past virus or malware infection. This will replace any corrupt or overwritten files from your windows DVD so you will need that or location where the service pack files are stored.

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

If all else fails, you can download Universal Extractor and use it to extract file data1.cab, which is located in Setup folder on Drakan CD. Then, download 445 Patch from here, unzip it, and use Universal Extractor to extract data1.cab, but don't extract it to the same folder as you did with CD's data1.cab. It throws some error if you do. When that's done, move contents of the folder in which you have extracted the patch data1.cab to the folder where you have the game and say yes when it asks you if you want to overwrite/replace some folders/files. Now you should have fresh installation of Drakan patched to version 445. Finally, you can install AiO Patch from here which further improves the game by eliminating some of bugs and adding support for wide displays.
Last edited by UCyborg on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

svish

game still not wrkng

Post by svish »

i installed the 444 patch bt still 445 patch says unknown.
help ASAP.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

You don't need to install 444 - just install v445 over the install from the CD. Language of CD and patch must match.

mehname

Post by mehname »

I'm having same problem ..managed to get patch 444 ..but still not getting patch 445 to work ..despite rebooting and re-installing =/ please help me I'd be so grateful.. one interesting thought is my computer had driver problems ages ago so had to be reset with data loss ...before it got fixed drakan worked with patches but shortly before playing it long enough my windows 7 laptop got "reset" so games had to be re installed...Drakan would not install it just had a load sign and never showed set up ...so I installed it in safe mode through control alt delete ..and the game played great until starting new game ..so I used developer mode to get to ruined village but whenever I clicked "ruined village" the game crashed again just like when I picked my difficulty one super hard ;D..just kidding just normal but it still crashes ..please help me =c I love Drakan and was so excited to play it ...I followed all the steps but 445++ won't install ... !!! really want to play this game I hope you still check this thread or somebody does !!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: thanx in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoever can even try to give me advise C=

bigmelon

Post by bigmelon »

install 445 official not unofficial +++
http://www.arokhslair.net/wp/downloads/

"English 445 patch – this is required to play most single player add-ons and online multiplayer. The last official patch released by the developers. Apply this patch is you are running the game on Windows 2000 and later operating systems otherwise the game won’t even work. - See more at: http://www.arokhslair.net/wp/downloads/ ... NW8IF.dpuf"

you probably installed 445 before the 445++ before your computer got reset ......you must have only installed 445
(: silly you don't worry!
download this and unzip ..run set up should be in WinRaR ....if you can't run extract to easy to find folder ..run same way you installed your game (in safe mode) through control, alt, delete !! task manager ..so same thing new task...find the file in the folder ...go to SETUPEXE run it and install reboot off safe mode and play the game
HOPE THT HELPS (:

hope this helps anyone else with same problem 445 and 445+++ aren't the same ! ...445 has to be unzipped..don't worry just run the setup ...and games that won't install (you know if they load but set up never appears ) so for patch set ups do and regular game installation with this set up prob install on safe mode ...start comp click F2 exit then press F8 go to safe mode (with command was what I used) open up task manager new task (click box tik for administration privileges) go to disk for drakan game installation and for patches either downloads or the file you extracted them to ..run the set up
I was sent here by fate so you could play this game !!!!!!!!!!

mehname

Post by mehname »

so far working thank you c=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
game didn't crash !! patch installed !!!!!!!!!!!!
thank fate then c=

mehname

Post by mehname »

I've been playing the game fine until it started crashing =/
now it won't even go to the menus without saying engine crashed......looked up my event viewer
should I put in patch 444 too ? and other patches
please help
I'd like to keep saves but moreso want it to play ahhhhh

"Faulting application name: Drakan.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x38979d2d
Faulting module name: Drakan.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x38979d2d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003d519
Faulting process id: 0x1370
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf68838753257d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Psygnosis\Drakan\Drakan.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Psygnosis\Drakan\Drakan.exe
Report Id: c8176a95-d476-11e3-b0dc-705ab6d9c9d7

Drakan.exe
38979d2d
Drakan.exe
38979d2d
c0000005
0003d519
01cf68838753257d
C:\Program Files (x86)\Psygnosis\Drakan\Drakan.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Psygnosis\Drakan\Drakan.exe
c8176a95-d476-11e3-b0dc-705ab6d9c9d7

MYRDAL

Post by MYRDAL »

Hey there!
I really need you help guys.

Just installed Drakan on my Windows 7 laptop, then installed the 445 english version patch. Until then game runs very good. I started a new game chosing Ruined Village scenario. I played, I got on the quest to awake Arokh. Awaked Arokh, and here is when my troubles started:
When Rynn and Arokh are making the bond you know a shortclip starts, before the clip ends game crashes I don't know why. So, I started a new game from Wartok Canyons (where you start using the dragon) but in here dragon's have not any ammo, he doesn't attack. You can fly, walk, etc. But even Rynn has not ammo too. YES. NO AMMO. Even the first sword you have from the starting point just dissapered. I have no Saved games, I just deleted it, but error continues. When I start a new game, ammo and stuff appear but I don't want to start a new game every single time I open Drakan.

I tried to install the 445++ patch but that "dragon.rfl is not the version" or something like that dialog appears in scene. So, I couldn't install it. Just tried to install the 10th anniversary thing, same, I couldn't.
What more should I do? What can I do? PLEASE, HELP! :/

Greetings!
myrdal.netlabel@gmail.com
Héctor