Drakan - Hamachi multiplayer!

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drakan - Hamachi multiplayer!

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I created a network.

ID arokhslair.net
password drakan
IP address 25.169.28.164

note it's case sensitive
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

andreag1961

Post by andreag1961 »

The server seems not to be running any more!? In case itwillbe started up again, which port do I need to use?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Axe got back to me and said he no longer runs the server due to lack of interest. However there are two servers as below:-

http://www.arokhslair.net/wp/general/up ... rver-list/ which is a topic about a new server. This one is running the retail 445 patch and is running 24/7. IP may change so see the notes in the news post.

Mine is 25.169.28.164 (via Hamachi) and 212.169.37.181 (direct) which is running the 10th anniversary patch. It is using the standard game ports. I'm using the patch as the standard 445 patched game will not work so you will need to have the anniversary patch on your game to play on my server. If you don't want to do this there is the other server above.
Note that my server is not always running - its only on when my PC is on which is evenings and weekends UK time.

As of today despite gamespy services being wound down and closed for good the master server is still running. You can find servers with the utilities provided in the news post above as the in game browser will not find any servers by itself. You will have to add the IP addresses manually to the game.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

After some more testing today players are being disconnected within seconds so I think its Hamachi. I have now ditched it so if you want to connect the normal way to my server add the following IP to your game browser:-

Hopefully this will stop players being disconnected, if not then it may be the 10th anniversary mod that's causing it. Not a firewall issue as I disabled both hardware and software with no luck.

Also it is registered on the gamespy master server.