Drakan - Hamachi multiplayer!

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Venetik
Whelp

Drakan - Hamachi multiplayer!

Post by Venetik »

Hi. I've recently played with my yonger sister in drakan mp over the lan, but i think we could play it over the hamachi network. if you want.

if you have the software, add these networks:

Drakan-MP -or- Drakan-OOTF

pass is "drakan"

Alb
Hatchling

Post by Alb »

I'm in :)

Cookie
Whelp

Re: Drakan - Hamachi multiplayer!

Post by Cookie »

*bump*
the servers are full.....I want to play too, yet I can't find a working server. Also, my game crashes if I attend multiplayer via Gamespy....
Anyone willing to start a new hamachi server? Pretty please?
-----"Quote of a famous person to make myself look cultured and sh*t" - Johnny Depp

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Cookie wrote:*bump*
Also, my game crashes if I attend multiplayer via Gamespy....
Hi Cookie, what error does it give when it crashes?
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

drakan.exe has stopped working, the program needs to cose.
-----"Quote of a famous person to make myself look cultured and sh*t" - Johnny Depp

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Mine does that as well & it happens frequently - this is why I can't play online as much as I would like to.
I managed to resolve the instant crash by deleting all entries from the servers.txt file then editing drakan.cfg to only use the gamespy master server. I also had to open the ports on my router's firewall.

An up to date server list can be found on this site at http://www.arokhslair.net/wp/order-of-t ... -and-help/ and also there is a bit about the drakan.cfg file.

I'm running Windows 7 so try changing the compatibility settings - right click on drakan.exe and try compatibility mode for XP, windows 2000 amd win 95/98 to see if that helps.

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

trying the compatibility trick was the first thing i did, no change. I just deleted my entries, so I'm gonna let you know if anything's better.
Opening ports, no can do. Running on wireless.

Make sure the drakan.cfg file is correct though. If the game no longer crashes add the server IP's of known servers to servers.txt and it should fix it. The game may still crash though intermittently. This is something I have never been able to solve on my system.

As for the ports it's only 27045,27046 and 27900 both TCP and UDP that are required.

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

How do i add those? Launch Drakan and enter the IP's normally?
SDS 68.47.92.248 (another regular server)

S-PB2 194.58.105.38 (another, good reliable server)

BladeRun 128.104.184.11 (full time server T3 connection)

Axe’s server 50.70.103.140 (normal games, used for private games Wednesday and Saturday)

------------
also, what does S-PB2 mean?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Cookie wrote:How do i add those? Launch Drakan and enter the IP's normally?
SDS 68.47.92.248 (another regular server)

S-PB2 194.58.105.38 (another, good reliable server)

BladeRun 128.104.184.11 (full time server T3 connection)

Axe’s server 50.70.103.140 (normal games, used for private games Wednesday and Saturday)

------------
also, what does S-PB2 mean?
S-PB2 is just the server's name.
Yes, you can add those IP's in Drakan and they will be added to servers.txt by the game. If it crashes edit the file manually with notepad.

The only thing you will have to watch out for is your version of the game must match the server i.e if the server is patched at V445 retail official then your game must be too. Any 3rd party mods or patches won't work. Some servers do use the unofficial patches but it will (should) say so in the description and / or server name.

Edit: at this moment in time only Axe's server is running.

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

I'm using the official 455, I should be good. Checking now, be right back.

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

back. I added one of them, the game says it's valid, but clicking on it does nothing....am I missing something?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

No - you are right - the only server that is available is Axe's and I get the same problem. Can ping it etc; looks like the server has crashed. Ill ask him if he can restart it.

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

which one should I use?
445 SP1 patch
or the english 445?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

If you are playing online I'd go for the 445 English. The 445SP1 is 3rd party but I think the server has to be running the same version or you'll get the error "invalid level <aborting> your game files do not match those of the server!"

Any servers that are running SP1 do say so in the server name.

A lot of the drakan mods improve single player gameplay and fix bugs but cause problems with multiplayer on certain servers - those that are not running the same version as you.

Multiplayer though sad to say is almost dead - it's very rare I found someone to play against when I did get it working.

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

Ok. I reinstalled my game, just to have it fresh. Applied patch 445 eng. Attepting to connect to Axe, standby.

Also, would you care to try a connection via hamachi with me? I'm curious if that works.