What's happened to Official Sony Drakan Site?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Venetik
Whelp

Post by Venetik »

I remember there was a flash site - about Drakan - in some 'holes' in Playstation site.

you just entered your birthdate and you was redirected to that site.

I remember also that adress was starting this:

"http://webb-us.playstation.com/" and then "/pugg/SCUS-97128/" or "/OGS/SCUS-97128/"

google wasn't able to find any good results. I find - only - official walkthrought, because I post pic in dafont forums (i was searching a font)

That site (flash based) was working earlier, when I knew adress. Now - i don't know if that already exist.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The official D:TAG website disappeared several years ago round about when the PS3 was introduced. The URL seemed to have changed at one point too when Sony re-designed their web site some years back. Official game web sites don't often stay around for more than a few years after the game's release unless it was very popular or has a large fan or modding community. For console games this is even more so.

The only Drakan fan sites online now are fan sites such as this. However the flash site may well still be sat on a server somewhere but without knowing it's url google won't find it as it's appears to be no longer linked to. Prehaps someone may still have it in their favorites.

Venetik
Whelp

Post by Venetik »

yes, somewhere around year ago I was able to visit that site. now I want to find it again because i want to copy it, and upload it in some other server. I had the url on my older site about drakan, but i don't know why hosters deleted it...

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The site disappeared from Sony's web site about 4-5 years ago. If you had the direct URL and it was working a year ago it would suggest that Sony just removed the links from the parent site and the flash based site was not physically deleted. It may well be that by now some server admin did a cleanup and removed redundant files.

There's always the internet wayback archive site www.archive.org if you did manage to find the URL.

Venetik
Whelp

Post by Venetik »

That site has moved. If I clearly understood mail wich has come to me from playstation, from scea. But where, that nobody knows. Sandy (that person who send mail to me) say that I should talk with modelators in forum. Typically. But what sense has modelators of forum with all site? ;/

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Sounds like you just got a typical response - probably this Sandy does not know and suggested you ask the Moderators. You could try but I doubt they would know either; the best person would probably be the one that runs and updates the website. With Sony being such a large organisation finding the person with the knowledge would be difficult.