screen freeze when loading

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
sinope
Hatchling

screen freeze when loading

Post by sinope »

iv'e unzipped and copied and pasted all the player made levels into my drakan directory following the instructions on the readme's but when i try to load any of the levels my screen freezes completely and have to restart my laptop. i did download the drakan gold pack aswell so don't know if that is having an effect on anything plus my lastest virus scan found adware generic5.cln in one of the files ?. would it help to uninstall everything and just reinstall the order of the flame disc and then try adding a level at a time to see if it works? .

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

I would try re-install from the disk (doing a full complete install) then install 445 patch then install each level one at a time - single player levels first. Some levels need additional mods such as the sky common database pack. This can be found on the downloads page of this site.

sinope
Hatchling

Post by sinope »

thanks i'l give it a try and see how it goes

Shelim
Dragon

Re: screen freeze when loading

Post by Shelim »

That's very strange, could you give exact steps to reproduce freeze you've mentioned and your hardware specs?
Do not follow where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger! Ha! Ha! Ha!