God mode does not work (Windows 7 x64)

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
brujitaki
Hatchling

God mode does not work (Windows 7 x64)

Post by brujitaki »

Hello friends of Arohk!

It's my first post here and I hope somebody can help me to solve the problem. So, my pc has windows 7 x64 and I installed today the Order of the flame and the patch 445 as well. Everything worked perfect and I was so excited that I would play again after so many years this lovely game. But.... there is a problem with the god mode.. I can't enable it. I have followed all the steps (I hold down "shift" when starting Drakan and when loads the Riot Engine Options I check developers mode etc.), but when the game starts and I press the backslash key (\) nothing happens... I am not enable to talk, like I never pressed the \. In the past (when I had windows xp) I could enable god mode. Why not now??

So, does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Marina

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English.. I hope I made you understand what I want. :roll:

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: God mode does not work (Windows 7 x64)

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there, try the # key or ` as it may be different on some language keyboards.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

brujitaki
Hatchling

Post by brujitaki »

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer.
Unfortunately, nothing happens with the keys ` and #. I have tried almost everything. I don't have any idea why it doesn't work..... My keyboard is english. Thanks again.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Just checked on my English keyboard the console command prompt key is ` (above tab)

Did you change the controls to something other than the default?
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

brujitaki
Hatchling

Post by brujitaki »

Thank you so much for your answer.. I have tried this key as well (`), but nothing happens again. To be honest I have tried a lot possible keys, but nothing works.. I didn't change the controls, because I wanted to be sure that everything would be in order.. But the same again..... I don't have any idea what is going on.. I have played this game many times in the past and I had used developers mode, because the game can be a little bit hard with a lot of enemies.. Now, with Windows 7 I can't.. I hope we can find a solution.. Thank you very much..

Bregolas
Whelp

Post by Bregolas »

brujitaki wrote:Hi, thanks a lot for your answer.
Unfortunately, nothing happens with the keys ` and #. I have tried almost everything. I don't have any idea why it doesn't work..... My keyboard is english. Thanks again.
Is English the only layout you have installed? This may sound silly to ask, but I once had three of them at a time (Ru/En-Ir/De), so I had to switch the layout in game to make the chat actually work. Maybe you had English as a default layout on XP, and now it moved to a secondary language, meaning you have to alt+shift / ctrl+shift first =)
(Klaerya Delandos)