Drakan Multiplayer Disconnect

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
MasterHiggs
Hatchling

Drakan Multiplayer Disconnect

Post by MasterHiggs »

Hello old timers,

I would like to get a game going for Drakan, a friend challenged me to a duel. I have a couple issues though... I can start the game fine but if I go into the multiplayer menu and click join game, if I sit on this menu for about 10-15 seconds the game crashes. If I host my own server I can quickly join my server effectively skipping the first crash. However I get pulled back to one of the old persistent issues of the game disconnecting me from the server after about 30 seconds. I've had this happen to me long ago when I use to play and don't recall how I fixed it.

Side note, I noticed drakan.co.nr site no longer hosts Drakan. Is there a substitute site?

If I get this working and any of you ever care to play I would love to throw down some ground or qod matches. You might recognized some of my older names: Menouch, Cherry Blossom, Shrum, or Atlas.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drakan Multiplayer Disconnect

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there, this issue is a known problem and has been discussed many times on this forum. To sum it up this problem is very difficult to troubleshoot and is caused by a number of issues. Often it's a firewall issue but the Drakan AIO patch can fix it as well.

The only thing I can suggest is search / have a look at some of the other posts in the forum as I think they should be of some help to you. I'd start with looking at your firewall configuration both software based e.g security software and / or on your router. You may have to open ports manually on your router etc.

Having the game try and connect to the now non existent master server may also cause crashing. There is now a replacement for the Gamespy master server but it will require editing your game config file.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Post by Guest »

Thanks Arohks Twin. What is the new master server input for the ini file if you don't mind me asking?

Do you know if anyone still runs servers

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The new one is "master.qtracker.com:27900. As for servers there is a list on the main site but I think there's only two or three. I run one but it requires the 10th anniversary patch as without the patch Drakan won't run on my PC. Other servers run regular versions or the AIO patched versions. You will get an error similar to ''your game files do not match those of the server' if yours and the server versions don't match.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Post by Guest »

Thanks friend