Forced Crouch rolling

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Acleacius
Hatchling

Forced Crouch rolling

Post by Acleacius »

Is there anyway to disable to auto roll while crouching, possibly a separate key for crouching/sneaking?

Thanks

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Forced Crouch rolling

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there & welcome to the forum. It's a very long time since I played the game and I have just fired it to confirm and there is no way to disable the auto roll. I found the auto roll a useful feature that avoided me being hit by some very powerful enemies later in the game.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

shoprat
Dragon

Re: Forced Crouch rolling

Post by shoprat »

I use the "." and "," keys tied to crouch similar to tomb raider keys that I got used to over the years. While crouched I can use the sneak key to move slowly forward and backwards. I use the combo to move carefully into striking range of scavengers, spiders, and ticks. I only get a roll if I use the crouch key with a direction key. That combo can also come in handy to escape npcs that are larger than Rynn. The strikes are likely to go over her head with no damage inflicted.