Arokh won't fly in Alwarren so I can't get out

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
OGDrakanFan

Re: Arokh won't fly in Alwarren so I can't get out

Post by OGDrakanFan »

:(
Thats what im doing rn. Time to do Alwarren all over again
Another thing, I thought this mightve happened since I did something an alternative order (I retrieved the amulet from goblin cave before going to Alwarren) but idk..

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

This order was reported once as causing some issue with Rimril not acknowledging you've completed objectives, but some people never got it, so idk neither.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

Try using the 'floy' and 'drop' cheats. Press the ' \ ' key to bring up a command line and type in floy and you'll be able to move Rynn out of the area through the barrier. Use the 'walk' key to keep the movements more controllable. Once you're through, use the 'drop' command as before, followed by another floy to 're-materialize' on the landscape. If you still can't fly, use the commands again to move to the tunnel exit of the area and try walking out of the level.

I just fired up the game and I happened to have a save state at the point where you are and it worked fine to move through the barrier. I spent a few minutes walking Arokh through some virgin territory until I got him stuck in a Rynn sized tunnel. I really like the Alwarren level with it's varieties of NPCs and the puzzles. Too bad the level has this nasty bug. Hope you can get out and continue your game. Good luck.

OGDrakanFan

Post by OGDrakanFan »

Hey maybe it's because I went to the goblin cave and picked up the amulet before getting the bellhammer? Idk ..

OGDrakanFan

Post by OGDrakanFan »

OGDrakanFan wrote:Hey maybe it's because I went to the goblin cave and picked up the amulet before getting the bellhammer? Idk ..
I forgot I already said this lol^

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Going to the Goblin cave first is OK - I think if you do it the other way round and do it after Alwarren it causes a bug whereby he will not recgonise you have the amulet.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

Here's some advice regarding some problems related to Alwarren, including the game not recognizing accomplished objectives. It may or may not work.

http://thelovelypinkplace.yuku.com/topi ... el-changes
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe