PlanetDrakan

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Arokhs Twin, yangez93

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

PlanetDrakan

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

When did PlanetDrakan evaporate?
It's completely GONE!!!

Sunspark
Whelp

Post by Sunspark »

Naw it's still there... *Looks* Crap.

I see RPGPlanet, looks like DP vanished...nope wait it's still alive. I only found the forum board though. ;

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/planetdr ... opics.aspx

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

would be about 2 weeks already : (
I remember watching the multi screenshots on planetdrakan the other day, but after 2 or 3 days when I wanted to find one level map it was already gone...

I hope they won't cancel the forum, it has so many useful info in it. And maybe we could find some old-timers with it's help. Does anyone know of a way to backup the forum?

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Thanks for the link, Sunspark.
That's what's left of the legendary stomping grounds...
Not many showing up there lately, so maybe there wasn't much incentive to keep it, but the info loss is sad...
As a Drakan fan, I'd say the loss is tragic.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Seems the only place for all Drakan files is Andrey's FTP server. Anyone know the new username and password?

I have hosted most single player levels and misc files on Arokhs's Lair but cannot host large single player levels and multiplayer levels. I have uploaded some to my home server that are too big to go on to the Arokh's Lair web server which is hosted by my ISP & not at home. This is still work in progress and with it being a home server I'm not allowed to host web sites over my broadband connection if they use a lot of bandwidth. Ill see what I can squeeze on to the two servers without reaching my download limit & all links will be updated on Arokh's Lair once I have it sorted.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

In reguards to Eris's ? I would say, Copy and Paste! I might make this a project for next few days.

OK been working on forums, in particular "The Oracle of Knowledge", have saved 4 topics to WORD format. If anyone else does this work, maybe we can colaberate on this, so topics dont get covered twice.[8D]

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Ooooh, Giblet Club files are also gone (((. Uf. What a shame...

This is all that's left from the files:
http://www.fileplanet.com/16999/0/section/Drakan
Outhouse orc movie heh, patches and the editor...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arokhs Twin</i>

Seems the only place for all Drakan files is Andrey's FTP server. Anyone know the new username and password?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
No! [:(] And the game server became quite unstable lately... I hope everything's ok with DR.

And all this when we finally set the multiplayer game going. Now we even play on weekdays and the last time there were 4-5 players together on ati's server...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AXE</i>

In reguards to Eris's ? I would say, Copy and Paste! I might make this a project for next few days.

OK been working on forums, in particular "The Oracle of Knowledge", have saved 4 topics to WORD format. If anyone else does this work, maybe we can colaberate on this, so topics dont get covered twice.[8D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Ok, i'll do the OOTF discussion board today. i'll better save it as html not doc, pages would look better that way i think...

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

copy paste is too much fuss. I'll better use the web archiving utilities. I already downloaded loads of them and am currently testing httrack. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_archiving

p.s. files.drakan.ru is back to normal again...

Bregolas
Whelp

Post by Bregolas »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Seems the only place for all Drakan files is Andrey's FTP server. Anyone know the new username and password?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Check http://drakan.ru/ for username and password if it changes again (ftp link is in the 3rd paragraph), it's still working ok, thanks to Drakon Rider, one of the eternal noble guardians of Drakan:)

As for saving the info, I once used a soft called "Teleport" (no I'm not kidding:)), it worked fine, but I used it with working sites only, not sure if it will work with google archives or wherever you're going to import it from, Eris:)

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

http://www.archive.org/index.php

Sometimes it work, but is very... unstable.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Right on, Shelim!
That's good for at least the first page of any saved topic.
Good call.