Profile edition problem

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Arokhs Twin, mage150, yangez93

Shelim
Dragon

Profile edition problem

Post by Shelim »

Why if I edit my profile, I get error "You cannot register with an '@gmail.com' email address.", even if I am not registering and I am not even changing my mail? I thought the blockade for spammers should work only on new accounts

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

Hi, the block affects when you try to change to a domain on the banned list as well as new users. There is no easy way to change this without modification to the forum software.

I can't lift the ban as you would not believe the amount of bogus spambots using gmail. Many forum owners complain about the amount of spam from gmail addresses but google don't answer queries / complaints or do anything about the problem. Microsoft, Yahoo and others are trying their best to reduce spam but googlemail ignores it and has become a haven for spambot programs and 'throwaway' email addresses. Hence googlemail is banned in protest. [:)]

If you tell me when you want to update your profile, I can lift the ban for several hours so you can make your changes. MSN or email me.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I'm astonished by the insane quantity of gmail spammers I ban over at another site I mod at. Mostly from Russia and China...

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

List of currently banned domains. This together with making certain details in the member profile mandatory has almost eliminated spam on this forum.

@mail.ru
@gawab.com
@mymail-in.net
@inbox.ru
@inmail24.com
@gmx.com
@yandex.ru
@email.com
@narod.ru
@dietpharm.info
@blaur.ze.cx
@gmail.com
@klins.fr.nf
@list.ru
@bk.ru
@wep8.com
@alykpa.biz.st
@rambler.ru

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Wow, all the most popular russian mail domains are included in this list, heh

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

I only want to add signature: "Don't follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" (without quotes)

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

Ban lifted for 24 hours

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Admin</i>

Ban lifted for 24 hours
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thankee, now I can add some ads into my signature [8D]