sequel

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.

what is the proability of another Drakan game?

Likely
14%
Less likely
14%
Improbable
71%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 7

sallad65117
Hatchling

sequel

Post by sallad65117 »

I've played Drakan TAG since around 2004(that's when I found it at a rental store then bought game) and I've never played OOTF but I've seen some of it on YouTube. Obviously I wouldn't be on this site if I didn't love Drakan TAG. I would like to pay OOTF someday. I know the two stories and there are some questions need to be answered. What are some of you guys opinions on a sequel and if there are any possibilities of a sequel or spiritual successor?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: sequel

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's been asked many times before but sadly I don't think there will be a sequel. For one thing Surreal software was bought out by WB games then dissolved so all ties with the Drakan franchise were gone. Sony own the copyrights to Drakan and if they wanted to they could get another developer to make a third game or they could make it themselves. If any game were made it would be for the PS4.

However due to poor sales I don't think Sony have any intention of making a 3rd game but it would be nice if they did.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Masterboy98
Hatchling

Post by Masterboy98 »

hello I played this game for the first time in six years, then in that moment my hair the best game (this was in 2002), a few years later I played the sequel and then I realized that not only the game's but extraordinary entire series. I was disappointed when Surreal Software closed in 2010 because I realized that I can not hope for a third game, but a few months later I found out your website, that frankly pleased me very much. I was speechless when I saw that there are people who fight modules for this game. In 2014, thanks to you, your site and community your followers decided it was worth trying to do something, so I convinced two friends to help me brains a continuation of this game, or at least one game lead name this evening on.
I said this in your post saying that you do not know if it's good that you did this site. Dude tell you frankly, you and your community offered something lost "hope". You only say no give up something you have worked 14 years is a shame. If we can do this game? nobody knows, but at least we try. I was Masterboy, and until next time all the best.
HOPE!
"I m the architect of my own destruction"

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I guess it would be possible for fans to make a 3rd game but it would have to be made so that you would have to own the original to play it and it would have to be made non-profit to avoid a lawsuit from Sony. Getting enough people together to make it would be hard if not impossible - I know nothing about game development.

Assassin on our forums did start to make a sequel in the Unity engine but seem as it was a standalone game he had to change all references to Drakan and any other related trademarks to avoid copyright infringements. I think he gave up on it in the end but from what I saw it involved Rynn and Arokh travelling through a rift and entering our world or maybe a future Drakan in which there was a modern city, tanks planes etc. Looked interesting but I haven't seen or heard from him for ages. Here's a preview of the cancelled riot engine based version before it was decided to make it standalone. http://www.arokhslair.net/wp/order-of-t ... /doomsday/

Some have made add on levels for OOTF that could be viewed as sequels - if you wanted to try some have a look here:-

http://www.arokhslair.net/wp/order-of-t ... p-reviews/
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair